Stumped - Death Roll

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
:cool: :applause: Way to slog thru the problems mate. Make sure you get some video when ya hit the field so we can celebrate the accomplishment with you.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Video shot with an iPhone 5, so don't expect too much ;) My cameraman actually did a fairly good job tracking a tiny dot zipping around, it turned out way better than I thought it would. I need to make a HD camera mount that bolts onto the top plate for this thing, no room for a strap around the body.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice rippage mate. Good to see someone who likes to fly with their hair on fire too!! :applause: Those long free falls are the best parts of the flight I think. Crank it up to the clouds flip over and just fall.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Awesome that you got this sorted out! Gotta feel good to be in the air after all this!

Cheers!
LitterBug

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Nice rippage mate. Good to see someone who likes to fly with their hair on fire too!! :applause: Those long free falls are the best parts of the flight I think. Crank it up to the clouds flip over and just fall.

Thanks Bill :) I wish there was something out there to dive... Or avoid even... So open and empty all you can really do is go fast. I ordered a proper replacement motor and spoke to Rotorgeeks support, I think they are going to credit me for the bad motor, I have to send it in to them. Will be interesting to see what it's like when everything matches.

LitterBug said:
Awesome that you got this sorted out! Gotta feel good to be in the air after all this!

Feels absolutely awesome :D Usually I enjoy troubleshooting, but it can get frustrating when it goes on and on and on ;)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yeah I have the same issue here trying to find things to spruce up the scenery for flight. Kinda hard when you have to do it by Google and shoe leather express. I can not count how many treks I have done to sights on goggle maps only to get there live and see it is un flyable for some reason or other.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I have a couple other spots that I fly that are a lot more interesting, though under the new regs here in Canaduh it's illegal. Pretty much everything that isn't a club field or private property (and most private property too) is illegal now if you're over 250g. Just when I thought I was done building quads I need a gremlin sized machine...

I'm going to talk to the club about setting aside some time to set up a track on the runway, at least a few gates and flags. The president will be behind it, but some of those grumpy old guys... LOL