Which one would you have?

• Total voters

fandfproductions118

Here is our video for the beginning of Summer. We are flying a Quadcopter with parts from FliteTest's H-Quad Build and the Tricopter is designed by the gorgeous David Windestäl. We hope this gets you in the Summer Mood!! Thanks for watching and Subscribe for more Aerial Videography.

Both Multi-rotors are flying with KK2.1.5 flashed with Steveis V1.17S2. Any critisism is welcomed.

Thanks for watching :)
Please comment as much as you can!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTiHcSa3PQ

bitogre

The Poll is missing my preferred answer: BOTH!!!!

As to the video, you have a very nice climb to reveal a beautiful sunrise/sunset at 0:30 but this shot is ruined by camera "Jello". I see the "Jello" in many other shots in the video as well but that shot could have been the best shot in the video if there was no "Jello" in the shot. You should put some effort into addressing that before recording any move videos.

Also, at parts of the video (like the sunrise/sunset shot), it is clear you took time to time your cuts to the music and it is really nice. Other parts of the video it looks like you did not put in the time to get the timing of your edits in time with the music. The lack of consistency and unneeded edits mid verse (it would be a different story if a verse had 10 edits instead of just 1) makes it appear as an amateur video. I think more edits would help and definitely work on having all edits be in time with the music.

Sorry if I was overly harsh. I hope the comments help you improve.

marc60

Seeing the pilots I think they might actually bé amateurs :)
Altough there might be room for improvement, I think they made a nice video. As the youtube channel shows it seems to be their first. That's promissing :p
But you gave some good tips
Grts Marc

fandfproductions118

Thanks for the feedback. At the moment our number one priority is to get rid of the blasted jello! Any tips on how to reduce the jello would be welcomed. As to us being 'ametuers' - we are only fourteen and we have flying for less than a week! Kind regards, F&F

bitogre

Only 14??? Wow. I see some decent potential. If you work at it (and it will take work and will not always be fun), it is possible that you can eventually make a decent living doing aerial videography and/or video editing.

As for getting rid of Jello, I'm not sure how much I can help as I have no experience. Check out the "General RC Topics" -> "Electric Aircraft" -> "Electric Multirotors" for suggestions. Some things I have seen people talk about for this is the importance of balancing props and isolating your camera from the rest of the multirotor. I do not know if anything else should be done nor do I know the best ways of doing these steps. Just giving topics that you can search for to get help.

Good luck.

fandfproductions118

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment guys. The prop balancer is on its way from *cough* "HK" *cough*!! Tomorrow morning when hopefully the weather will be like summer again I will try and isolate the camera from the Quad, obviously though I need to stop the vibrations from the source. I.E the props. I will post some test footage so stay tuned... Kind Regards F&F

fandfproductions118

PS: flying this evening I realised my gains were way to high so I have reduced them (until I get round to flashing SimonK)!! This along with isolating the camera and balancing the props should make all the difference. Thanks Guys...