SuperMicro FT planes?

Team_Monkey

I actually have to drive approximately 30-45 minutes to get DTFB. But I can get Midwest Cellfoam 88 10 minutes from my house at a general hobby store. It's more brittle but is great for micro planes. Depending on how you plan to fly, you can sometimes skip the carbon fiber spars.
I've built a couple planes using a C10, 2700kv motor from HK, (2) 3.7g servos, a 10A Plush ESC and 360mAh 2S LiPo. AUW for a small SU-37 was around 4.5oz. Great for the indoor season.

For micro outdoor though, a 2S power system would be fine on a downsized DTFB based plane. You might want to build with a different glue rather than hot glue though for weight. If you can find a crashed UMX SBACH, the hardware would be perfect for a 19" span FT3D. I'm tired of mine getting banged up on the slightest bump. It flies great and with a lot of power but a DTFB FT3D will take more abuse. Now I just need to build it. LOL

Team_Monkey

Ebay always seems to have banged up Horizon Hobby planes. Love their planes but they don't seem to take practice well.

My favorite place to buy parts is an ebay seller HopMeUp. They seem to have everything, ship fast and the prices seem good. I'm not related to their business, just a happy customer.

Couldn't find a video of the SU-37 but here's the 5 oz., 18" span F-22 I used 1/4 foam for the F-22.

Last edited:

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
image.jpg
Micro Storch on the backwall?

Last edited:

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
67% -26.5in WS, FT mustang (reno style)
Funfighter 1950kv, 30amp esc, 4s 45-90c 850mah
My power pod battery hatch mod,full wing
CAM00415.jpg CAM00416.jpg

Team_Monkey

I printed and laid out the parts for the 19" span FT 3D but still need to cut it out. The whole thing takes about 3/4 of one sheet of DTFB. LOL I had to modify the B fold cutouts and some fuselage dimensions on the sheet as I was tracing. Obviously without the CADD file I couldn't adjust the cutout width for the DTFB.

I'll do the prototype as a built up wing but if it looks promising I might just opt for a KFM2 wing for ease of construction.

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Ya once you go bellow 80% your going to have to start making mods and cuts. With enoughtrimming you should beable to make the wing. Really wanna see that ft3d when its done