Swappable Cessna 180 Plans

Timmy P

I recently noticed the Plans section, so I figured I would post here also. I've had multiple people ask if plans are available so this just makes it easy for everyone to find..

PDF Plans for Cessna 180

Build Article

Original forum post in the Scratch Built section.

photo 3.JPG

This is an extremely easy plane to fly.. Its a wonderful trainer. It tracks perfect with no bad tendencies. It will fly really slow and steady or fast and sporty. It has enough control surfaces to set it into a nice hover. It has become my all time favorite plane to fly.. Inverted low passes look amazing with this full fuselage airframe.

The Cessna got a lot of attention out at Flite Fest this year. Every time it was in the air I had people asking me about it. At one point FT Alex stopped me to tell me the Cessna 180 was his favorite plane. So I let him fly it.. Alex is the same type of pilot I am. Slow, low, gentle, scale flyer. He loved how stable it was during slow flight. He was just skimming the top of the soy bean field, having a great time. He told me to go find Bixler so he could take the controls. I didnt see Bixler at the time but Peter was walking up. So he took to the air with the 180 and put it through the wringer. He did some cool maneuvers. You know he had to set it into a nice hover. Then I seen Bixler and he was excited to fly it. Told me to walk around with him for a second so he "wouldn't miss his opportunity to fly it." Him saying that put a smile on my face. Well he loved the way if flew. Josh said really good things about my plane and how great of a contribution it is to the FT community. That was all the recognition I needed to make the hard work worth it. Getting the Flite Test crews approval went above and beyond what I wanted out of it.. I wanted it to look good. I didn't know I would get so lucky that it would fly just as nice.

photo (24).JPG
photo 5.JPG
photo 2.JPG
wing profile small.jpg
180 under wing small.jpg
photo (20).JPG

Timmy P

Woohoo! My dad and I will be doing these for our next build.

Sweet dude! I remember building stuff with my dad.. I'm honored I could provide you guys with a project. So are you building one for each of you? Going to do some Cessna formation flight? lol

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
Sweet dude! I remember building stuff with my dad.. I'm honored I could provide you guys with a project. So are you building one for each of you? Going to do some Cessna formation flight? lol
Each of us are doing our own. Formation flying it is! I'll try and get a video of both of us in the air. ;)

I need some help in making sure I have the right prop for my motor.

I just completed this Cessna 180 Skywagon and as I always do I built it heavy, the AUW with the 4s battery is 1300gr :mad:. So I purchased a NTM 35-36A 1400KV motor with a 60amp ESC. I don't plan to do any crazy flying with this bird just cruising. I can use either a 2200mAh 3s or 3000mAh 4s battery. I have a Master Airscrew 10x4 prop installed, but before I flew her I wanted to make sure this would work for just cruising around.
Cessna 180 Skywagon_3.jpg

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I am not a prop expert but I think that should work well. I use a 10 4.7 and a 10 3.8 on my storch.

Traveler_67

Nice plane. My first fixed wing was a C-180 six years ago. It didn't last long, but I did learn a lot from that one (mainly how much I DIDN'T know about this hobby LOL).