Swappable Fail Videos

hayebseret

Well..
Since all are celebrating their good maiden videos, I thought.. why not post all those "not so good" ;) ones as well. you know just for fun ..

And i will start with some of mine..(enable the captions, it's even better)

and then some more..

Last edited:

eagle4

it looks like your versa wing is quite fat, as in its a very tall aerofoil.

for this. when you're launching you need to give it one all mighty throw to get the airflow over the wing. right now it seems you're not tossing it hard enough. also keep the power on, on the 2nd throw it wasnt too bad but it seems you powered off and it didnt have enough airspeed to keep itsself in the air.

keep at it mate. you'll get it flying :)

c172ae

Pro plane crasher
a couple of things I think you should do...

1) throw with your left hand. that way you can control the plane from the moment it leaves your hand.

2) don't cut the throttle before you are absolutely sure it is going to crash. it seems like you cut the throttle way too early

hayebseret

Well .. all of the above are true.
The prop is 6x4 on 2826 2200Kv motor, i think it's ok (do correct me if i am wrong please)
3 main problems :
1. As eagle4 mentioned it was indeed fat, the wins spare was twice the size it should have been, neglected 'minor' detail of folding it :)
2. the entire scale was off by printing it wrong size.
3. It was my first ever plane build.. so much for vain :)

Thanks for the left hand tip.

I still find it funny every time i watch.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
How much reflex do you have on your elevons? All else said, looks like it would fly fine if you have the elevons setup with enough reflex.
Hard to tell from a video though.
Where is the CG? I doubt nose heavy is the problem but it could contribute to the issues you are having.

andycho

I am a new too. I have also do a lot of crash..just like u @hayebseret I think do more research & test you can do better.
there is my crash video.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Well .. all of the above are true.
The prop is 6x4 on 2826 2200Kv motor, i think it's ok (do correct me if i am wrong please)
3 main problems :
1. As eagle4 mentioned it was indeed fat, the wins spare was twice the size it should have been, neglected 'minor' detail of folding it :)
2. the entire scale was off by printing it wrong size.
3. It was my first ever plane build.. so much for vain :)

Thanks for the left hand tip.

I still find it funny every time i watch.

Did you get it all sorted out? With that small prop you'll need a lot of throttle on launch to create enough thrust.

hayebseret

I am a new too. I have also do a lot of crash..just like u @hayebseret I think do more research & test you can do better.
there is my crash video.

Hi,
Liked your video, it put that familiar (been there done that) smile on my face.
I have managed to do better, just thought it could be funny to share the ones that fail.

hayebseret

Did you get it all sorted out? With that small prop you'll need a lot of throttle on launch to create enough thrust.

yes it was bad to the ground, so i simply built the FT delta and now building your fabulous 800 mustang (still in the making..)
IMG_2992.JPG IMG_2990.JPG IMG_2991.JPG