tgy-ia6 receiver is binding but not displaying on transmitter

Mezcalyt

Hello,
I am using a TGY-i6 transmitter with a tgy-ia6 receiver. I am using a mix mode for ch.1 and 6 so I can use two separate servos for the ailerons.
I have ruder and elevator in two different channels and the ESC for the brushless motor in ch.3
When I plug the battery, the ESC beeps and works. The other servos work as well, but I don´t see the receiver information on the transmitter display.
This only happens when I use 5 channels like now. It doesn´t matter if it is a mix of 1&5 or 1&6 channels.
What could be wrong?
I am afraid if I fly like this the plane might lose control in the missdle of the flight.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...I don´t see the receiver information on the transmitter display....the plane might lose control...
You could always do a range check. Put the Tx in range check mode, which lowers the power. Then walk 50-75 feet away, wiggle the sticks and see if control surfaces respond. If the response is smooth, you will be fine. If the response is jerky, you may have an issue.

Mezcalyt

You could always do a range check. Put the Tx in range check mode, which lowers the power. Then walk 50-75 feet away, wiggle the sticks and see if control surfaces respond. If the response is smooth, you will be fine. If the response is jerky, you may have an issue.
Thank you very much. The control surfaces respond and I am able to fly. I still don´t know what could be causing the receiver not to appear on display, but everything works fine. Thanks!