The big bang of Mustangs

Wildthing

Legendary member
Possibly both... 😐 I think I accidentally put my blade on the hot glue nozzle...🤦🏻‍♂️
You will go through a blade a plane (roughly) , soon as there is resistance or tearing break that end off and start fresh.. Actually I use to go through a lot of blades until another guy introduced me to a strop, so I now sharpen my box cutter blade all the time. I think I have only changed it once in the last year and a half and that was just me sing it as a pry bar and it broke. Loads of them to choose from, that link below is what I have , you also want to get some polishing soap , medium grit.

https://www.banggood.com/Manual-Dou...ashion-ca&ad_id=408980846067&cur_warehouse=CN

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
You will go through a blade a plane (roughly) , soon as there is resistance or tearing break that end off and start fresh.. Actually I use to go through a lot of blades until another guy introduced me to a strop, so I now sharpen my box cutter blade all the time. I think I have only changed it once in the last year and a half and that was just me sing it as a pry bar and it broke. Loads of them to choose from, that link below is what I have , you also want to get some polishing soap , medium grit.

https://www.banggood.com/Manual-Dou...ashion-ca&ad_id=408980846067&cur_warehouse=CN
My bench is a glass top so I tend to dull blades quick, mostly the tip. I have a sharpening stone I use, a few swipes before each piece i cut. If it starts feeling draggy or catchy in the paper on the underside its back to the stone I go.

Wildthing

Legendary member
My bench is a glass top so I tend to dull blades quick, mostly the tip. I have a sharpening stone I use, a few swipes before each piece i cut. If it starts feeling draggy or catchy in the paper on the underside its back to the stone I go.
I will sharpen mine multiple times throughout a build, one trick is not wait until it is dull just get in the habit of doing it after every few pieces you cut out.