The Great 2020 Quarantine Build-Off?

Figure9

Elite member
You got it no problem, build the next one at 100% and go from there.

What’s the Simple Stick width of the lower surface of the fuselage with 100% design scale? I used the plan @The Hangar offers. You mentioned the wingspan is almost 40”. Also, what’s the proper way to establish the intended size of the model, I see the scale bars on the plan but I’m a bit confused on how to upsize them properly. I can Email or text the plan to Staples or a print shop but I don’t know what to tell them for sizing & I don’t know how their software works. Sometimes, neither does the person at the print shop. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Got the rear spine if the Pe-2 installed.
IMG_20200331_223411555.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
What’s the Simple Stick width of the lower surface of the fuselage with 100% design scale? I used the plan @The Hangar offers. You mentioned the wingspan is almost 40”. Also, what’s the proper way to establish the intended size of the model, I see the scale bars on the plan but I’m a bit confused on how to upsize them properly. I can Email or text the plan to Staples or a print shop but I don’t know what to tell them for sizing & I don’t know how their software works. Sometimes, neither does the person at the print shop. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
My plans are to be printed on a 34x22 sheet of paper. The length of the fuse is exactly the length of a sheet of DTFB. Now it's slightly under 30 inches long as sheets of DTFB are usually slightly smaller than 30x20...

Figure9

Elite member
My plans are to be printed on a 34x22 sheet of paper. The length of the fuse is exactly the length of a sheet of DTFB. Now it's slightly under 30 inches long as sheets of DTFB are usually slightly smaller than 30x20...

Thanks, using the plan I have it looks like the fuselage width is 2.5”. I could build a full scale & fit it in my standard cab Ranger. My longest length limit in the cab‘s passenger seat is about 50” or else I need to build a box to put a wing & fuselage in the bed so the parts don’t get airborne on the way to the field. :ROFLMAO:

Wildthing

Legendary member

When going to Staples I just tell them print at 100% . Now if you want to scale up or down it then depends on how big you want your bird. Using 40" WS if you wanted a 60" span then you would want tp print them at 150% , 80" 200%.

The scale bars at the top when the plans are suppose to be and only printed at 100% you take your ruler and see if the bars match. If they don't match you tell them to reprint at the right size.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Thanks, using the plan I have it looks like the fuselage width is 2.5”. I could build a full scale & fit it in my standard cab Ranger. My longest length limit in the cab‘s passenger seat is about 50” or else I need to build a box to put a wing & fuselage in the bed so the parts don’t get airborne on the way to the field. :ROFLMAO:

The wing would be right around 50" at 120%

Figure9

Elite member
When going to Staples I just tell them print at 100% . Now if you want to scale up or down it then depends on how big you want your bird. Using 40" WS if you wanted a 60" span then you would want tp print them at 150% , 80" 200%.

The scale bars at the top when the plans are suppose to be and only printed at 100% you take your ruler and see if the bars match. If they don't match you tell them to reprint at the right size.

That’s exactly what happened. The clerk pparently qdidn’t know how to operate the printer & asked me what amount I wanted the small 8.5X11 upsized. I did the math & it came out a 16th short on the 1 inch scale when printed. My math was correct for size I requested but the clerk blamed the difference on the printer. They had a sign on counter saying they wouldn’t do resizing except the way the clerk asked & would not reproduce for off scale copies free. Haha. So, they’ve had the same problem before. I need to use a different print shop. I can do the Simple Stick 100% & transport it easily But I’d prefer a 25% reduction on the the fuselage for aerodynamic consideration & longer wings for more sailplane style flight characteristics.

perhapsleiana

Elite member
Over loading the motor, poor air flow and getting it hot to a point it melts the nylon on the locknut plus the windings are black is one thing but it doesn't usually take out a bearing that way. My guess with the bearing going out with a motor that is already running hot that just compounded the problem. I think if the bearing didn't fail you would still be flying.
I'm pretty sure I didn't overload the motor, but I'm also positive I came pretty dang close.