The Most Offtopic Thread Ever in the History of Offtopic Threads

Should there be a challenge in this thread every once in a while?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoredGuy

Here is the last toy I owned before my back got too bad to do the wrench time. When I got it it was set up as a track car with a '68 283 stroked out to 327 ci. Wouldn't get off the line to save its butt at 3800+lbs but would jump up to 150+ mph and sit there all day like going on a store run for beer n smokes.

The guy wanted $2200 when I first came across it and it wasn't running at the time. About once a month I would stop back and see if he was ready to get rid of it. Took about 8 months of checkin in and bustin his stones because he couldn't get it running I made a bet with him. If I could get it running in under 2 hours he would sell it too me for $500. He told me I could have it for $300 if I drove it off his lot by closing time that day. 5 hours vs 2.. WIN!!!

The advantage I had on him was I was smart enough to look up the actual numbers on the block. He was told and went on the information that it was a '68 327ci The numbers told me it was a 283 block and that told me the distributor was on the opposite side of the cam which made it turn backwards from an actual 327. I knew by what he told me the carb was shot from all the back fires and explosions thru it.

I went down to local parts store snagged a carb rebuild kit, oil and filter, new plugs and wire's cap n rotor. I also got 2 standard 19 inch flow master mufflers. Got back to his shop pulled the carb rebuiilt that in about an hour with all the cleaning and set up. Did the ignition stuff, crawled under it popped the mufflers on it and was off to the gas station for some fresh gas before turning it over.

When I got back I put the fuel in and asked if he would let me use his battery charger to jump it and he started bustin my stones so outta spite I grabbed the jumper cables from the car I was using to get parts n such hooked it up. Smoked a cigarette (long since quit that nasty habit) jumped in the driver seat turned it over and it fired immediately. at that surge of life he came out to watch.
I got out. gave the distributor a slight twist and hit the key just reaching thru the window. VROOM!!! and the curse words started to fly.

Boy was he mad hehe. Told me he has been workin on that for over a year on and off. He begged me to tell him what I did to get it running. I told him or deal was complete, handed him the $300 and asked for the title. Eventually I told him what I did but for a full year after he would cuss me out when ever our paths crossed. (friendly pestering not mad at pestering) Id see him when we would go out to shoot pool and every time I would see him he would ask if I blew it up yet.

Anyways as time went by I reset the suspension for normal street use, sold the stroked 283 to a friend to put in his boat and built the 355 that is in the picture below.

At that point in time it was one of the 211 1975 Chevrolet Laguna S-3's left registered in the United States out of the 7435 (rough remembrance of actual production number) made that year. Most of which went to the Laguna 500 race for which the car was made.

View attachment 182841

Fresh built 355 to put some pep in lardy butts step.
View attachment 182842

and yes those were the original swivel buckets.
View attachment 182843
Ah yes, primer gray paint job-always a classic. Really nice car though.

Pieliker96

Elite member

YOOOOOOO

SN-8 DOIN THINGS

same energy.PNG
same energy

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
there just doing it so that then i can come along an dame a working small scale replica just like my VZ-9 Avrocar
I am currently trying to design a piper Comanche..... I love that plane and I hope this works out.
anyone here who could do a test build and fly because I don't have motors or esc's yet