Think I have an addiction...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Okay... its finished bar the camera. Even popped it up for a 5 second very very careful hover.
Weather outside is not good for a proper maiden. Maybe tomorrow!!!
IMG-20180813-WA0006.jpg
A selection of props to try ----2 blade 6x4 bullnode on the way, have 5x3 tri, 5x4 tri, & 5x4 x4 - I will check the current draw on each of these.
IMG-20180813-WA0008.jpg

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Weather still blowing way too hard for me to maiden the quad. But got the Micro Sparrow camera on and a set of bullnose 6x4.5 props in the fastest of colours.... RED
IMG_20180815_181006528.jpg
IMG_20180815_181013700.jpg
IMG_20180815_181021131.jpg

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I bit the bullet this afternoon and despite it still being rather windy I flew the quadcopter. Only in stabilised mode at the moment and just line of sight.
She flew just great!!!
The battery used was a 1500mAh 3s and it hovered around 30% throttle. Tried several punch outs and blimey!!! Zoomed up like a rocket and its not too noisy either.
I flipped into acrotrain mode which worked just fine but I lost orientation and brought it down rather hard breaking off three of those yellow fin shaped feet. Expected they would snap easily and I was not bothered at all by it.
I've trimmed them right down now and added foam pads under each leg which I think looks better anyway :)

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
I bit the bullet this afternoon and despite it still being rather windy I flew the quadcopter. Only in stabilised mode at the moment and just line of sight.
She flew just great!!!
The battery used was a 1500mAh 3s and it hovered around 30% throttle. Tried several punch outs and blimey!!! Zoomed up like a rocket and its not too noisy either.
I flipped into acrotrain mode which worked just fine but I lost orientation and brought it down rather hard breaking off three of those yellow fin shaped feet. Expected they would snap easily and I was not bothered at all by it.
I've trimmed them right down now and added foam pads under each leg which I think looks better anyway :)
Congrats on another successful build! I know it's the Spedix and the Omnibus F4 but how about a parts list. And who has the goods?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
The complete build details as requested.
Spedix 250Q - I think this will be discontinued soon as it's heavily discounted!
2 x D2205-2600kv ccw motors
2 x D2205-2600kv cw motors
Racerstar Tattoo_S 35A 4 In 1 ESC
OMNIBUS F4 Pro V2 Flight Controller
FrSky XM Plus Micro Ultra-Light 16 Channel Full-Range S.bus Receiver - This is the EU version
FrSky 2.4G Receiver Antenna Fixing Seat QAV Receiver Antenna Fixing Seat - I think these look pretty :)
RunCam Micro Sparrow FPV Camera 16:9 CMOS 700TVL
Eachine TX801 5.8G 72CH AV VTX FPV Transmitter
Pagoda LHCP/RHCP 60mm 5.8G 2dBi FPV Antenna SMA/RP-SMA With Case
Male RP-SMA Plug to Female RP-SMA Jack RIGHT ANGLE 90 Degree Adapter Connector - EBAY
Props and battey - your own preference - 6x4.5 two bladed work well for 3S batteries, for 4S I would definitely drop to 5x3 or 5x4

Hope that's complete enough for you @kpixels

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
This evening was beautiful, grabbed the chance to fly my quadcopter Spedix250Q and also a couple of flights on the FT Mighty Mini Mustang.
I'm still feeling out the quad, mainly flying it line of sight in stablised mode at the moment. tried on some 5x4 triblades and on 3S they wern't as good as these 6x4.5 bullnose blades.
Bit of video here

Last edited:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Well, the spedix250Q is no more, at about 15metres up motor 4 suddenly went full power and the quad spun out and hit the ground hard. Top and bottom plates deeply cracked across making the frame unusable.
Much as I liked the look of this frame the top and bottom plates are 1mm carbon fibre and are it's big weak point.
Spent last night removing the electronics and mulling over the blackbox recordings. Can't see why motor four reacted like that...weird...but just in case it was bad connections from the receiver etc I went all soldered, removing the pins for receiver, video in/out and beeper.

New frame on order, I appear to really love quads :)

IMG_20180829_062552104.jpg

Last edited: