Three Dimensional Flying with a Two Dimensional Plane!

Stoobiedoo

I'm just about ready to jump in and build one of these guys. I'm just thinking to myself.. How are you attaching the battery? Do you put a velcro strap in place? I haven't done a profile plane yet...

Stoobiedoo

One more question, and I only ask because I haven't built a profile plane yet.. Do you also just hot glue the servo wires to the plane, or are you getting them between the two layers of foam in the fuse and wing? If someone would post a couple of close-ups of yours I could probably answer a lot of my questions from the photos.

My RX and servos are on the way, I just printed out the plans.. :cool:(y)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
One more question, and I only ask because I haven't built a profile plane yet.. Do you also just hot glue the servo wires to the plane, or are you getting them between the two layers of foam in the fuse and wing? If someone would post a couple of close-ups of yours I could probably answer a lot of my questions from the photos.

I just taped them to the outside of the plane.

Headbang

Master member

Maybe these will help. Velcro for battery, and a strap (velcro is not enough). Zip ties through the fuse, hot glue, tape, whatever you want to secure wires.
20190919_181446.jpg 20190919_181437.jpg 20190919_181427.jpg 20190919_181419.jpg 20190919_181412.jpg 20190919_181407.jpg 20190919_181358.jpg 20190921_194126.jpg 20191017_190408.jpg 20191017_190418.jpg 20191103_094517.jpg 20191103_094507.jpg 20191103_094453.jpg 20191103_094430.jpg 20191103_094423.jpg 20191103_094412.jpg 20191103_094405.jpg 20191103_094347.jpg

Headbang

Master member
I am kind of taken with how many of you have built and flew the easy edge! I love all the feed back!
I have had all the raw footage and build info since last fall. I just have not gotten around to finalizing the release video, plans (no real changes from last posted plans), and build instructions. When I do will post as a resource.

Thank you all for embracing the design!

Stoobiedoo

This is perfect!! Thank you! Has fuselage strength been an issue at all? I think I'm mildly OCD when it comes to symmetry and I'm having thoughts of making a 3rd fuselage piece for the right side so the rudder is in the middle... Crazy I know, but if I have any flex I may add one. It would be as simple as cutting out a 2nd copy of the "L" fuselage and glue it on the other side...:unsure:

mayan

Legendary member
This is perfect!! Thank you! Has fuselage strength been an issue at all? I think I'm mildly OCD when it comes to symmetry and I'm having thoughts of making a 3rd fuselage piece for the right side so the rudder is in the middle... Crazy I know, but if I have any flex I may add one. It would be as simple as cutting out a 2nd copy of the "L" fuselage and glue it on the other side...:unsure:
You can put in a CF rod in the middle above and bellow the wing and you will be more than fine. Otherwise if you crash like me be ready for repairs, not something that will make it unflyable even if you use the A pack motor.

Headbang

Master member
That could work, but will add wieght. Embed a CF strip in the fuse works. Even embed a skewer works. Personally I have not had an issue, but I also do not put things through the abuse of a beginner. @mayan has beat these up pretty good and broke the fuse at the back of the wing.

tomlogan1

Elite member
New to this thread, but got hooked early on. After building and maidening the Simple Stik, I stumbled across this thread and have a couple of questions.

1 When you join the two halves of the fuselage and when you fold over the wing, I'm curious about how you glue them. I have built several Flitetest planes and some from Experimental Airlines but have not used this technique. I was thinking of either hot glue or Gorilla glue. Please chime in.

2 My tools are modest, no lasers or hot wire cutters, but was looking for tips on how to radius foamboard. My Spitfire has curved wings tail etc, but I ruined a lot of foamboard trying to get the curves to look correctly. Straight cuts, obviously, no problem but would be grateful for any tips. I use either a single edged razor blade or an X-Acto knife with the #11 blade.

Thanks.