Help! Throttle effecting fpv image

Tom26

Hello i have reacently decided to get some fpv gear for my ft goblin and i have got it set up now but now whenever i use the throttle black and white static lines go across the screen making it hard to see and decresing the range.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
The static is most likely being caused by noise from the ESC. You need to filter the power going to the FPV Camera/transmitter. What FPV gear are you using on the goblin, and how are you powering it?

Tom26

Im using a runcam camera and a panda rc vtx they are powered by a intersection comming of the power cable

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Im using a runcam camera and a panda rc vtx they are powered by a intersection comming of the power cable

Are you powering the camera AND the VTX off that split or powering the VTX and letting that power the camera?

Try this. I braid all my camera wires back to the VTX.. I also power the camera off the VTX unless there is a filtered regulator on the flight controller for 5v. Using higher voltage to the camera if it is variable voltage floods that tiny board with noise from the supply. If you can tap off a regulated port on an FC if your not running an FC then get a simple 5v regulator to add between the power source and camera and a 12v regulator for the VTX. Anything higher and it just amplifies noise.

Tom26

I have my cameras negative going through the vtx but my positive is not though i do have the option.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Focus on getting clean power to the VTX and Camera. Use a LC filter, and/or seperate uBEC for the FPV gear to get the ESC noise off the video power feed.