Solved Tiny whoop batteries

OlliePackman

So I bought an Inductrix of ebay for 50 dollars but it came with 4 gaoneng 1s 260 mah batteries not the original one but they are all but one ruined as I think they have have been left charged for ages and don't output much power. So I want some new ones but the only ones I can get here in the UK seem to be 300mah for the gaoneng brand anyway, I want to know whether the escs will handle 300mah or whether I need to get a different brand of 260s. Also, is unstabilised mode supposed to be this hard as I can fly a 5 inch but that's ridiculous.

whackflyer

Master member
So I bought an Inductrix of ebay for 50 dollars but it came with 4 gaoneng 1s 260 mah batteries not the original one but they are all but one ruined as I think they have have been left charged for ages and don't output much power. So I want some new ones but the only ones I can get here in the UK seem to be 300mah for the gaoneng brand anyway, I want to know whether the escs will handle 300mah or whether I need to get a different brand of 260s. Also, is unstabilised mode supposed to be this hard as I can fly a 5 inch but that's ridiculous.
MaH is capacity, not voltage, so you should be fine, and get longer flight times.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
MaH is capacity, not voltage, so you should be fine, and get longer flight times.

Theoretically, anyway...the 300 mAh batteries are heavier, and on the Whoops, they're more sensitive to weight. Don't be surprised if you get the same flight times as a new 260 mah battery; that's been my experience with them.

As for acro, or unstabilized mode, well...LOL they are DEFINITELY more touchy. A lot of guys went with the Inductrix Pro or went over to the Newbeedrone whoops because you can tune them, and out of the box they have a "horizon" mode, meaning that they'll roll, flip, etc., but will also self-level. Some call it cheating, but honestly, if you're trying to fly a tight course through gates and under chairs, it's a lot easier to fly with horizon mode for the whoop sized quads.

whackflyer

Master member
Theoretically, anyway...the 300 mAh batteries are heavier, and on the Whoops, they're more sensitive to weight. Don't be surprised if you get the same flight times as a new 260 mah battery; that's been my experience with them.
Very true. I fly 260s in my whoop. I think I could fly 300s in it if I would ditch my heavier vac formed canopy, but I hate cracking those egg shell canopies all the time. Whoops, as you said, are very sensitive to weight. If I was you, I'd get weight specs for both batteries. If the 300 is only a half gram or so heavier, I'd say go for it. If it's heavier then that, you'll have to compensate by running higher throttle and that will in turn run your batteries out sooner.

JBinFla

My inductrix came with the 3.7v "eflite" LiPo's. I'm noticing other brands use the HV or 3.8v LiPo's, same JST connector just higher voltage. Mine was brushed and never got around to trying the HV's on it before the motors went and I never upgraded. Went to Mobula6 which is brushless and uses the HV batteries.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
My inductrix came with the 3.7v "eflite" LiPo's. I'm noticing other brands use the HV or 3.8v LiPo's, same JST connector just higher voltage. Mine was brushed and never got around to trying the HV's on it before the motors went and I never upgraded. Went to Mobula6 which is brushless and uses the HV batteries.
The Mobula6 rocks.