Tiny Whoop Doesn't Have Enough Power

Colton12300

When flying my Whoop it will either suddenly drop to the ground and come back up as I'm hovering, or not be able to catch itself even at full throttle when descending.

I've tried re-soldering the power connector, and I've fully taken apart and put it back together twice.

I use a standard white plastic whoop frame, 4 blade props, 6x15mm 67000RPM coreless motors, a BetaFPV Frsky OSD FC, and an Eachine TX05 camera. The batteries I use are 260mah 4.35V 30/60C BetaFPV batteries.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I don't own a whoop or an inductrix but I have read that they both suffer from a weak power distribution chain. Most have resolved short flight times and weak power by changing out the main power wire to one with a newer style connector that is rated for higher currents. I also believe there are battery up grades for batteries that do not have the new style connectors from the factory. There are several threads here main ones about the inductrix that go into more detail. I would suggest you search those while you are waiting for other answers possibly from Whoop owners who know for sure.

Gryf

The original poster already has the uprated batteries and connection listed in his tech info. I know about that, having finally "cured" my Whoop with the same batteries you listed above.

Wasn't there something about the stock Inductrix prop blades stalling and losing lift or something? I'm using props I bought from Tiny Whoop, and haven't had any problems in that regard.

Cheers, and good luck,

Gryf

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey Gryf,
The Op has a tiny whoop mate. As I said I know only what I have read about these. I commented to keep the question up front so others may see who have whoops and can maybe help him correctly. I only used the inductrix as an example of something to maybe look into.

Bricks

Master member
Might want to check you low voltage cut out. I had to disable mine otherwise after only 1 1/2 minutes it would start cutting out. Now I use a timer and have had no issues.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Colton, how many flights do you have on your current setup? The whoop brushed motors definitely have a useful life and will degrade over time.

Colton12300

Thank you all for your help. I don't think it's the low voltage cut out since I haven't messed with that at all since I've had my whoop and it was fine before. And I have already upgraded to the better battery connector. French, I think the motors may be my problem, I do have a lot of flight time on them. I'll order some new ones and see if they help. And if not, I'll have replacements ready to swap out when it's time for new ones. I'll post here when I've given the new motors a try.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
This also may be leading back to your issue with your radio acting strange. I replied with a potential fix for that in your QX7 thread.

Bricks

Master member
Another thing to watch on the Woops is stuff getting stuck under the props have you pulled them off and cleaned off the motor shafts? I will just blow on my props from the top and watch how they react.