Tips on fpv gear ⬇️

TopGun2105

Hi I need some help finding some fpv gear I am not sure what to get I am 14 years old so I don’t have a lot of money and I need to buy it from a website that can ship to Turkey or South African and I am looking for something that will last me a long time and still give me an average performance, I won’t be flying far away because the laws are a little bit strict

Bo123

Elite member
Hi I need some help finding some fpv gear I am not sure what to get I am 14 years old so I don’t have a lot of money and I need to buy it from a website that can ship to Turkey or South African and I am looking for something that will last me a long time and still give me an average performance, I won’t be flying far away because the laws are a little bit strict
I would recomend just using some pretty cheap stuff. Have a look at hobbyking.com.They have good stuff there.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
What type of budget do you have to work with? Because your budget is going to impact what type of suggestions people will give.

This is a good budget google: Eachine EV800D 5.8GHz 40CH Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR - which you should be able to find on many store fronts.

If your limited to Line of site (or other close range situation), that should cover you for a good while, if not 'forever'.

For a camera/VTX system, there are quite a few options to deal with.
if your being price conscious and and are running type time of limits it sounds like your using, finding something like one of these would be a good solution:
- Caddx Ant AIO FPV Camera

Personally, I would get something with a Circularly polarized antenna (see attached photo, I couldn't find this model quickly on the internet) 1652962128534.png

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Hi guys, I think I'm in the same situation, I've been interested in getting into FPV for a while but my funds are quite limited and I wouldn't want to make a mistake in the purchase.

I saw these goggles a while ago and I think they are very good in the sense that they can be used both as goggles and as a ground station.
https://www.getfpv.com/emax-transporter-2-5-8ghz-fpv-goggles.html
1652963993627.png

The only problem is that every time I try to look for a camera + Tx compatible with this model I only get Drones. Could someone recommend me a camera + Tx compatible with these goggles for planes?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Hi guys, I think I'm in the same situation, I've been interested in getting into FPV for a while but my funds are quite limited and I wouldn't want to make a mistake in the purchase.

I saw these goggles a while ago and I think they are very good in the sense that they can be used both as goggles and as a ground station.
https://www.getfpv.com/emax-transporter-2-5-8ghz-fpv-goggles.html

The only problem is that every time I try to look for a camera + Tx compatible with this model I only get Drones. Could someone recommend me a camera + Tx compatible with these goggles for planes?

any analog camera/TX combo will work with them. (there are just way more people looking for multi-rotor fpv then fixed wing, so that is how you see the marketing)

those don't appear to even list a sensitivity in the manual, so I don't expect the VRX in them to be very good. You would most likely want to upgrade the antennas on that to some Circularly polarized antennas, typically an omni and directional. CP polarized works better in most situations then lineally polarized for your video signal. (and a good set of antennas will run you another $30-100 (what I am running is listing at ~$55 for the pair right now).

I would check for some honest reviews on that model before pulling the trigger, given how close in price it is to the EV800D I linked above.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Do you live in South Africa?? I do too

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member