Tiwn motor trainer

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I have built a twin tiny trainer thats a lot of fun but its not really a "trainer" anymore even though i stretched the wings to about 48"

It could be made to be more trainer friendly with a few tweaks though i think. Maybe use the glider wings...

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I have built a twin tiny trainer thats a lot of fun but its not really a "trainer" anymore even though i stretched the wings to about 48"

It could be made to be more trainer friendly with a few tweaks though i think. Maybe use the glider wings...

will think about it. thanks for the tips though.

Wil

Interesting, maybe i should get a Flite Test EZ Chuck Gliders (5 Pack) and build something like this.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Interesting, maybe i should get a Flite Test EZ Chuck Gliders (5 Pack) and build something like this.
Twin booms on twin engine planes just feels right! 🤪

The tiny trainer is great plane, but I'm not crazy about the battery setup. This was, at least in part, my overly involved solution to that. Lol

Scotto

Elite member
I bought a big foam trainer and a radio at a hobby shop about 12 years ago. I had very little simulator time and no mentor to help, so when I tried to fly I just kept crashing and the plane got so beat up I didnt think it could be fixed. I had spent at least 150 bucks on it so I was frustrated, but I quit and it sat in a closet for 11 years. Long story short that thing is so heavy its harder to fly than my flitetest planes so far. I think you should get some experience in a sim first but definetly start with the FT tiny trainer. Dont change anything. Just build it simple and do just what Josh says. Assume you will crash alot and dont get mad. I basically crash every time but it feels really good to land gracefull the few times its happened. But with a simple plane youve built yourself it will be much easier and cheaper to fix or replace parts. Also do some toss tests in the tall grass before punching the throttle the first time to check the cg and trim. That would have saved me alot of repairs. Anyway, build the Tiny trainer and get out there and fly!
Edit. My other point is make 2 power pods for your 2 motors and if the one gets beat up, like mine, you will have a spare to pop in and be flying again in a few minutes. Lets get you flying good first before we worry about scratch build designing. Fixing is good practice for building.

Last edited: