Top Flite F8F Bearcat 0.60 size (Red Box Rescue)

Chuppster

So sorry to hear this. I feel your pain, as my TF bird is most likely finished as of this past week.

2020-03-25 17.32.14.jpg

ckd315

Your build was a great read, I wish it had flown as good as it looked. I have one that was built years ago, and as a faithful advocate of you can electrify just about anything, I put a Power 60 on it and a 6s 5000 as far forward as possible and came out close on the cg. Turns out I was off and tail heavy, it cartwheeled after hitting the deck from about 6' where it stalled. The vertical stab snapped, that was about it. It's ready to go again, I just need to get it balanced and will be going nose heavy this time. I agree, your plane jumping into the air was the worst thing that could have happened, this plane will not fly if you even think of touching the elevator on takeoff. Just like the real one, it takes off on the wing and not with the elevator, or so I've read. I'm determined to fly mine even if I have to keep fixing it until I can't, which hopefully won't be the case. Thanks again for posting, it was very informative.