Travel Air 4000

Fidget

This will be my build for the FF23 Barnstormer Challenge

Edit 11/26:
My grandparents lived in rural Kansas from 1913 onward, and my grandfather told a story of an early plane that landed next to the high school and lots of people gathered to see it. So I assume it was a barnstormer era plane. I knew from flying into Wichita that there were Cessna and Beech offices there, but I didn't realize until I started reading for this that Cessna, Beech, and Stearman all worked together there at Travel Air.

I found this book about a barnstorming group from Kansas. The Travel Air 4000 on the cover is still around, and I've found several more recent pictures. Considering I usually barely finish on time, I'm not sure I'll get it painted up nice, but that's the idea. :)

41ScuMSUuFL._AC_SY780_.jpg
Also found some existing plans around the internet:
SmartSelect_20221126_104606_Drive.jpg

Last edited:

jamesond

This will be my build for the FF23 Barnstormer Challenge

Edit 11/26:
My grandparents lived in rural Kansas from 1913 onward, and my grandfather told a story of an early plane that landed next to the high school and lots of people gathered to see it. So I assume it was a barnstormer era plane. I knew from flying into Wichita that there were Cessna and Beech offices there, but I didn't realize until I started reading for this that Cessna, Beech, and Stearman all worked together there at Travel Air.

I found this book about a barnstorming group from Kansas. The Travel Air 4000 on the cover is still around, and I've found several more recent pictures. Considering I usually barely finish on time, I'm not sure I'll get it painted up nice, but that's the idea. :)
This is a really cool book and will be of interest to those who are genuinely interested in airplanes. For example, I am a fan of air travel, I often use sconti business class in order to save money on flights and travel comfortably
View attachment 232497
Also found some existing plans around the internet:
View attachment 232498
wow,nice book,thanks

Last edited: