Tricopter Scratchbuild!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
However, now in the evenings when I am lying in my bed I always try to coordinate the stickmovements of certain maneouvers in my head with lots of imagination. I think that helped me a little :D

That is good, but certainly not enough. You need to be able to train your reflexes, so you can react automatically to any unexpected change. Your thumbs need to learn, not your brain.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
That is good, but certainly not enough. You need to be able to train your reflexes, so you can react automatically to any unexpected change. Your thumbs need to learn, not your brain.

I know :D I just had another go at Call of Duty Black Ops on my laptop :D Damn my reflexes are fast! But that doesn´t help -.-'
I know what you´re on about but I think I gotta do it with the Tri straight away. This version can coap with some crashing anway hopefully it won´t be too bad.

ananas1301

Okay guys! Yesterday (was my birthday as well) I absolutely HAD to go out in front of the door flying again. It was alittle windy though but I managed to keep it in a hover all the time. You can tell by two signs. First in the living room it was way more steady. Secondly there is a small flag you can see right behind that tree on the right outside.

Okay. Outside it looks from the video that there were some twitches in the transmitting signal but these aren´t! I got some later but not throughout the video. It was gusty....

I would also appreciate it if you could give me critics for the video I made. I want to make enjoyable videos everyone likes to watch. Obviously hovering isn´t really adventuerous but I thought, I´ll just give it a shot. So what can I do better or what do you like about the video?!

Now let´s stop talking and enjoy. (Btw. I made a spelling mistake unpurposely! Whoever finds it, can keep it :D:D LOL )

John Campbell

Okay guys! Yesterday (was my birthday as well) I absolutely HAD to go out in front of the door flying again. It was alittle windy though but I managed to keep it in a hover all the time. You can tell by two signs. First in the living room it was way more steady. Secondly there is a small flag you can see right behind that tree on the right outside.

Okay. Outside it looks from the video that there were some twitches in the transmitting signal but these aren´t! I got some later but not throughout the video. It was gusty....

I would also appreciate it if you could give me critics for the video I made. I want to make enjoyable videos everyone likes to watch. Obviously hovering isn´t really adventuerous but I thought, I´ll just give it a shot. So what can I do better or what do you like about the video?!

Now let´s stop talking and enjoy. (Btw. I made a spelling mistake unpurposely! Whoever finds it, can keep it :D:D LOL )

Great Flight, and Happy Birthday... May you have many more of both... (Flying and Birthdays that is)

PaulT

Mentor
Looks like a success. Way to go! Not keen on your music but that's just me.
Video needs no improvement. IMHO.

ananas1301

Looks like a success. Way to go! Not keen on your music but that's just me.
Video needs no improvement. IMHO.

Thanks! Yeah I know music is like food. You either like it or not. SO I am not really mad about that.

@colorex: You mean two cameras so that I always can switch between the two videos and always have a different angle of view at the Tricopter? If yes, that will be pretty tough for me. I am lucky if I can make anyone make a video of it. I´ll see what I can do though.

@ John: Thanks for that double wish.

Also I can already see some progress. It got nearly dead calm just before it got dark so I went into the garden which is a little bit bigger then what you saw up to now. I managed to handle the Tricopter in much more situation. I finally made a couple of turns where you lean forward and give elevator input and yaw as well. I crashed very often. I flew into bushes and once I nearly flew into myself! I think I gotta go for more space soon. Once I crashed pretty hard against window and then onto asphalt from a higher speed. Result nothing happened... After the flight I realised two zipties broke but nothing else. So all the loss for today was one rubber band of a propsaver, one prop, two zipties. Pretty good for crashing more then 20 times!

I also got up to 10 m hight at least but with I´d say with a Multicopter it is much harder to judge was stick movement you gotta do if you can not see it from the side. With planes it is much easier. They always fly forward and are considered to be moving and therefore you can tell much easier how the plane is going.

Trinom

Crazy electrician
You bastard :D
Your tricopter flies prefectly. I wish the my one does the same.

PS: hbday.gif

Last edited:

Klonas

Happy Birthday Anas!!!

@colorex: You mean two cameras so that I always can switch between the two videos and always have a different angle of view at the Tricopter? If yes, that will be pretty tough for me. I am lucky if I can make anyone make a video of it. I´ll see what I can do though.
I'd say not necesseraly two cameras but maybe shoot like 5 flights each from different angle and then edit it to look like it's one flight. Should make it more "Action...ish" :D

ananas1301

The vids are great, Burg!

Thanks for they birthday wishes everyone and I got some new stuff to talk about with the Tri.

Luckily I figured out how to get away all control losses I had in the beginning.

Most of the times the LED of the receiver was blinking, so all I did was just disconnect the battery and turn off the transmitter and turn it on again (so it takes new channels etc. ) and then reconnect the battery. Generally I don´t have to do that more then once until I get a constantly blinking LED reassuring me I got full control, which I always had ever since :)

Then I flew 3 batteries (or more, don´t remember) yesterday on a bigger field near my house. It all went pretty well. I got my first really slow circles and I gotta admit they are tough to do! Up the time when my fingers wanted to stop controlling the Tricopter because it was around 0 degrees Celcius.
I didn´t crash or anything but I jst couldn´t fly any more.

Today I got back from school and it was a sunny day, blue sky and DEAD calm! just like yesterday evening. Thought I´d fly a battery in the garden again.... trying to make a circle again failed so I crashed... badly.... of course my foult :)

I broke 2 props and also the Tri fell upside down, scratched a rock and then stopped. The thing I was worried about it breaking the KK board. That gyro that sticks up from the board was folded back about 45 degrees! I bent it back trying not to loosen any solder joints or anything. I checked the board afterwards and it seems to be fine. I have my last three props on now. But I think I´ll try I little more gentle soon and not exaggerating everything.
Btw: jst before I went out, my mum told me to do something and I answered with, okay just wait a sec! Then crashed and I therefore think it is all my mums fault now! she gave me bad luck :(

Trinom

Crazy electrician
Put your KKboard to some small box as I do. It has at least two benefits. First - you won't break it in crash and second - it's protected against water, wind and low temperatures as well. I soldered an external flat head LED on a short wire and placed it on the top front corner of the box. The box worth for $1. I used a hot glue in the corners of KKboard to attach it to the box. You can see the pictures in my thread in this section.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
It's not your mum's fault, you should have gone when she said! Oh, and make sure your gyro is exactly 90 deg again!

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Anas, great video! looks like you got a winner! I think your videos are fine......keep it up.....we all love watching multi-rotor videos. :)

Hoffentlich eines tages, du kommst bei uns.....und wir fliegen zusammen kann. ;) (oder ich komme zuruck nach DE und wir fliegen)

Oh, und ich hoffe auch das alles war gut auf dein geburtstag!

tschuess

Eric

ananas1301

Anas, great video! looks like you got a winner! I think your videos are fine......keep it up.....we all love watching multi-rotor videos. :)

Hoffentlich eines tages, du kommst bei uns.....und wir fliegen zusammen kann. ;) (oder ich komme zuruck nach DE und wir fliegen)

Oh, und ich hoffe auch das alles war gut auf dein geburtstag!

tschuess

Eric

How come you know German?!

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
How come you know German?!

A few years ago, I worked for a medical company as a purchasing manager. The owners were from Aichach (a small town just NW of Muenchen) The owner's son and I worked closely together and one day he and his sister were speaking German and I asked him to teach me. He told me it was to difficult and that I could never learn it this late in life. So that night I went to our local book store and bought a children's picture dictionary.....and started memorizing all the words. (1100 of them) Then I started listening to German rock music and translating the lyrics so I knew what I was singing along with. (hehehe) after a few months, I knew enough words that a few of the ladies in the warehouse (some who didnt even speak english) started helping me with sentences.....and after 6 months I could speak fairly well. I never told the son, who told me I couldnt do it.....and one day he said something in German, thinking that I wouldnt understand....well I did.....and I answered him in German. Needless to say....he then talked German with me all the time. In 2002 after learning/speaking for almost 2 years, I flew to frankfurt to visit some friends that I had made. We went to Cottbus, and also to Berlin while I was there. I never spoke English for the whole 2 weeks that I was in DE. So, I do not use google translate.....which you will see quickly, because my grammar is not always exactly right. sometimes I get things backwards, since english sentence structure is backwards from almost every other language. ;)

So, wenn du willst in deutsch zu sprechen, ich mach mein beste eine gesprach mit dir zu haben. ;)

tschuess!

Eric

ananas1301

A few years ago, I worked for a medical company as a purchasing manager. The owners were from Aichach (a small town just NW of Muenchen) The owner's son and I worked closely together and one day he and his sister were speaking German and I asked him to teach me. He told me it was to difficult and that I could never learn it this late in life. So that night I went to our local book store and bought a children's picture dictionary.....and started memorizing all the words. (1100 of them) Then I started listening to German rock music and translating the lyrics so I knew what I was singing along with. (hehehe) after a few months, I knew enough words that a few of the ladies in the warehouse (some who didnt even speak english) started helping me with sentences.....and after 6 months I could speak fairly well. I never told the son, who told me I couldnt do it.....and one day he said something in German, thinking that I wouldnt understand....well I did.....and I answered him in German. Needless to say....he then talked German with me all the time. In 2002 after learning/speaking for almost 2 years, I flew to frankfurt to visit some friends that I had made. We went to Cottbus, and also to Berlin while I was there. I never spoke English for the whole 2 weeks that I was in DE. So, I do not use google translate.....which you will see quickly, because my grammar is not always exactly right. sometimes I get things backwards, since english sentence structure is backwards from almost every other language. ;)

So, wenn du willst in deutsch zu sprechen, ich mach mein beste eine gesprach mit dir zu haben. ;)

tschuess!

Eric

Wow! Well I know about how hard it is to speak German is from this poem:

It takes 3 days to learn Enlish,
it takes 3 months to learn french(not sure if it was french),
and it takes 30 years to learn German :D

it isn´t really that much important to know which language goes into the middle, but it is just that way of showing how hard it is.

Well, me from my side, I know German as I grew up here but have arabian roots. Both of my parents are and they tought me reading and writing as well, which is kinda freaky with all the other letters, grammar. (also you write from right to left in arabic :D )
I was born in arabia as well, so is the rest of my family.
The I know english coz in Germany it is one of those subject you gotta do from the beginning to the end + I was 1 year in UK on a boarding school, which was an awesome experience.
The only country left I really wanna go to is USA

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
Wow! Well I know about how hard it is to speak German is from this poem:

It takes 3 days to learn Enlish,
it takes 3 months to learn french(not sure if it was french),
and it takes 30 years to learn German :D

it isn´t really that much important to know which language goes into the middle, but it is just that way of showing how hard it is.

Well, me from my side, I know German as I grew up here but have arabian roots. Both of my parents are and they tought me reading and writing as well, which is kinda freaky with all the other letters, grammar. (also you write from right to left in arabic :D )
I was born in arabia as well, so is the rest of my family.
The I know english coz in Germany it is one of those subject you gotta do from the beginning to the end + I was 1 year in UK on a boarding school, which was an awesome experience.
The only country left I really wanna go to is USA

Well we would love to have ya :) come on over. Thats a cool story, sounds like you have got to experience alot of cool things.

Cheers!

Eric

Oh and I like your poem......it is so true. :) German is not easy to learn.