Help! Does anyone have schematic of F3FC board of David Windestal

Aerobot

I purchased tricopter years ago and due to a number of unexpected events, I've not been able to start the build until recently. The jump from PWM to sbus (both receiver & transmitter) has taken a toll. I fried an X8R and part of the F3FC board. I've got a new receiver, but I can't tell what part of the board is no longer functional. When I plug the board into Cleanflight, I'm able to connect and it seems that the board functions fine. However, the pins on the top do not provide any voltage for the receiver. If I had a schematic, I'd be able to identify the problem and perhaps bypass a portion of the board. When I go to rcexplorer.se and navigate to F3FC-Tricopter-Frame PCB files, I only get an error.

Does anyone have a schematic I can use to track down the problem(s) on my F3FC board? Thanks in advance.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
No schematics, But I do have a handful of the boards laying around if I dig hard enough. May even have one in a Baby Tri still. I know there is one in my RCE Bicopter. So I can probe around on the board to see what signals are where. I know there was a trace on the board somewhere that you had to solder to get power to those pads. Or maybe it was a diode that had to be flipped...

Aerobot

No schematics, But I do have a handful of the boards laying around if I dig hard enough. May even have one in a Baby Tri still. I know there is one in my RCE Bicopter. So I can probe around on the board to see what signals are where. I know there was a trace on the board somewhere that you had to solder to get power to those pads. Or maybe it was a diode that had to be flipped...

Thanks for your reply LitterBug. Is the Baby Tri the same dimensions as the F3FC? If so, and if you were willing to part with a working board, I may be interested. I'll keep poking around the board, but I think the puff of smoke I saw emanating from the U7 may have done me in.

For the time being, I'm going to mount a NAZE32 rev. 6 on top of the F3FC and get the supporting motors & ESCs to make a maiden flight. Just want to get that bird in the air after so many months.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Ah, sounds like you have one of the mini tricopters with the integrated flight controller. All of mine are the standalone F3FC boards and mini PDB. That is a whole different beast. I built two Mini Tricopters, but without the integrated FC, and two Baby Tricopters which did not have any integrated FC option.

Aerobot

LitterBug, thanks for your response. I did order the Tricopter V4 kit in 2016. So, it's not the mini :)
I'm aware of the link you provided, but the schematic is not available. At this point, my new direction is to use all the same hardware and mount an old (new to me) NAZE32 v.6 on the top of the central board with the tricopter FW flashed onto the NAZE32 v.6 board. However, I'm finding it difficult to get all the telemetry I'd expect to get using my Taranis X9D + 2019 and X8R rcvr. So, I continue to dig in.