• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tricopter Yaw Servo issues

rshaan

Hey Guys! My yaw servo on my tricopter won't center itself properly when I let go of my rudder stick! It's properly trimmed and re-centers fine when my KK2 is disarmed, but otherwise just does not want to recenter! I took this video to be more descriptive..

What can I do to fix this? Is it a defective servo, maybe?

Thanks for your help!

Trinom

Crazy electrician
I don't think your servo is defective. It is connected to the KK board, isn't it? I have rabbit and it does the same on the ground, but once it's in the air, it works fine. I guess it's because the control board is expecting movements, but it doesn't sense anything.

jsj7206

I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same problem with my tricopter on the bench. Did you ever figure yours out/did it fly right? I'm running an analog HS82mg on a KK2 1.6 board. Thanks in advance!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
If it's only doing it when armed then it's like Trinom said. Basically it's normal since it isn't sensing any movement to counteract, just like the tail rotor pitch on a CP heli. Acts like its stuck(doesn't center) while on the ground and will only move with rudder stick inputs until it's in the air.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Make that a third on the same as xuzme and trinom said. I was perplexed and worried too when I tried it out on the bench. Once in the air it's much better.

Johan

Just tested mine and when stationary (no props, on desk) it behaves the same (no full re-centre).

I noticed something else along the way by the way: Rudder input turns the yaw servo in the right direction, but (with auto - level on on the KK2 and turned by hand, the yaw servo seems to twist the wrong way?? Have to figure that one out...)

Any pointers appreciated

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
mixing editor should take care of that. just reverse the number for the servo...for example: if it's 100, make it -100. I don't know what you values are just make sure you are changing the rudder servo and not the speed control.

Johan

mixing editor should take care of that. just reverse the number for the servo...for example: if it's 100, make it -100. I don't know what you values are just make sure you are changing the rudder servo and not the speed control.
@xuzme720, Thanks for the quick reply,

Sorry, I just checked and I was not thinking straight, It actually corrects in the right direction.

With the yaw mechanism it is confusing a times, you have to imagine in what direction it pulls the tail, pointing the head in the opposite direction.

I just had things a bit mixed up....

Last edited: