Turnigy 9X Issues

Sahara54

I received my 9X in the mail yesterday. Loaded up some battery's and turned it on to check it out. Everything worked fine so I pulled the battery and installed my backlight and Smartieparts board. After everything was back together, it worked just as before but brighter. I already read that the receiver should have been bound from the factory. I hooked it up to my BW and powered on. Nothing...Bind light is steady lit but I have no response from any servo. I checked all settings and everything seems correct (Acro, PPM, Mode 2). I tried to rebind multiple times...Bind plug in batt slot, Bind in Bind, ESC w/ fresh 2100 3S, fully chargeds 6V receiver pack. White wires on servo are towards label. I pulled the module on the back and the pins that were not seated correctly. I fixed that, did all the rebind combinations but still nothing. I'm lost right now...I'm gonna try to flash ER9X tonight and order a Frsky module to see if that's the ticket. Starting to think I should've trusted my gut and got a DX6i.

califrag

I think I ran into the same issue and I just put OpenTX on it and it worked. It's been awhile so I can't quite remember. One other thing you can try is doing a factory reset on the 9x, hold Exit as you power on. You will need to do the rebind procedure again after the reset.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Binding occurs between the module and the RX so the software on the TX shouldn't matter. Can you describe the process you're using for binding step by step.

It should be similar to:

Put bind plug on RX.
Power up RX.
Hold down bind button on TX module and keep it held.
Turn on TX.
Once it binds you can release the button.
Turn off the TX.

Now you should be able to turn the TX on normally and it should be bound.

Sahara54

Thanks for the replies. I'll try the reset and see. That's the exact way I've done the bind every time. The module is bound the light turns on as soon as I power up the Tx.

Sahara54

Just an update: I finally got it flashed with ER9x tonight and it all works great. It was the garbage factory firmware.

eshan7

For anybody else who had problems with the stock firmware, the power cable from the ESC should go on channel 3 on the rx. Thats how i got it done! Rest of the connections remain the same.

NateO

I have been using the stock firmware for a year with no problems at all, been flying many models including a custom quad.

RichB

For anybody else who had problems with the stock firmware, the power cable from the ESC should go on channel 3 on the rx. Thats how i got it done! Rest of the connections remain the same.

All the power pins are bonded to each other. The same is true of the ground pins. There is no way that the slot you apply power to could make a difference when binding.

RichB

Can u use the tirnigy 9x remote with any turnogy receiver like the 5x

Probably. I think any frsky-based receiver will work. You can definitely use the 9X with the Hobby King 3 and 6-channel receivers that are supposed to go with the Hobby King radios. You can also bind the 9X to some rtf Symas, like the X1