Twin Twirl

Lemuel

Hi guys, this is my first post on the flitetest forums. I have started making a twin twirl autogyro and I must say that I really love it. Thanx josh and josh, plus the flitetest team for the opportunity.. :) Materials used are a mixture of Depron and foam board. The Pink and white is the foam board, and the Grey is 6mm Depron. The pink foam board did not come covered in paper. I feel this may be a problem during flight. I added some strips of paper to aid with rigidity, but who knows. Next step is landing gear and electronics. I took a little longer than four hours to get to this stage. I guess I am a slow builder. :p

I plan on using a 930kv motor, swinging a fairly large 10 x 4.7 prop. A 20 amp ESC as well as 1000mah 3s battery. She will be nose heavy partner!

Regards Matthew

Attachments

• 230620121658.jpg
    230620121658.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 230620121656.jpg
    230620121656.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 50

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Looks like a nice build....welcome to the forum,please keep us posted on your progress and a maiden video always goes down well

Lemuel

progress 28 jun 2012

I spend a lot of time trying to find what i think is the sturdiest solution to simple problems. Tape and glue are great for foamy repairs, but sometimes I like a more industrial approach. I came up with a way to attach the wing struts to the fuselage. A simple piece of Aluminium tube attached to a dowel in the bode which serves as a landing gear shock absorber. Changeable and neat. What do you guys think? 280620121672.jpg 280620121674.jpg

Lemuel

I hear you colorex. That motor i have mounted is just way to big for my liking. I think it weighs 45 grams?? I have another motor at 19 grams that I use in a plane that is similar weight, which makes the other plane go vertical with ease! I don't want this plane to go vertical. I would like it to be a trainer for people who show some interest. :)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I hear you colorex. That motor i have mounted is just way to big for my liking. I think it weighs 45 grams?? I have another motor at 19 grams that I use in a plane that is similar weight, which makes the other plane go vertical with ease! I don't want this plane to go vertical. I would like it to be a trainer for people who show some interest. :)

I haven't flown one, but from what I see in the FliteTest video it can be very wobbly, which I don't quite like. I'd prefer something like a NutBall if I'm going to let bypassers fly.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I haven't flown one, but from what I see in the FliteTest video it can be very wobbly, which I don't quite like. I'd prefer something like a NutBall if I'm going to let bypassers fly.

The absolutely safest Plane Model for a "bypasser" to fly is the OPP.

Thurmond

Lemuel

Hi folks, finished the twin twirl and used a smaller motor and 2s 800mah battery. Here is a video of a short hop today. I love flying this thing. it is fantastic. Mine almost flies with rudder only. Thinking about a smaller one for indoor. I tried a different prop on this flight and it didn't do well at all. Back to the slow fly prop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGJ4IHNNRQM