• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Twins ... autism and planes

Very inspiring! It's good to see any kids sharing our Hobby, but this will be quite good for their development as well.

I'm what happens when a kid with High Functioning Autism GROWS UP.

It's definitely not the hopeless affliction that it used to be.
I was only fortunate that I had some Teachers who "got me", back in the 70's, when kids like us were labelled as "problem child", Aloof and Lazy.
Thanks to some great people (especially my parents), I have Degrees in Systems Management and Business Administration!

Although I had trouble in OTS, I still managed to be able to fly REAL Planes in the Air Force, as a NCO! Non Combat, but still...

KUDOS for how you're bringing them up!! Hope they have good support in School as well.

Very inspiring! It's good to see any kids sharing our Hobby, but this will be quite good for their development as well.

I'm what happens when a kid with High Functioning Autism GROWS UP.

It's definitely not the hopeless affliction that it used to be.
I was only fortunate that I had some Teachers who "got me", back in the 70's, when kids like us were labelled as "problem child", Aloof and Lazy.
Thanks to some great people (especially my parents), I have Degrees in Systems Management and Business Administration!

Although I had trouble in OTS, I still managed to be able to fly REAL Planes in the Air Force, as a NCO! Non Combat, but still...

KUDOS for how you're bringing them up!! Hope they have good support in School as well.

Thank you so so much for your heart warming post... yes they do have great support in school and both are dreaming to become real pilot... 😊

Thank you! By non Combat, I meant that I couldn't get Flight Status, because of a double Knee injury.....
I did get to the "Party" in Saudi, in 1990-91. It actually was a LOT tougher than CNN portrayed it as.