UHF System

RCTakeOff

Hi,

I just started fpv and everything goes weel exept I have one problem. I have my dx7 with sat. receiver So my range Is Limited, I know that there are some UHF systems like Dragonlink, Chainlink.. But do you guys know a cheaper way?

Thanks!:)

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Depending on where you live, you might be able to use patch antennas or signal amplifiers which both significantly contribute to a higher range!
Your location is set as Belgium there, so do you have the european version of the DX7? That european version has a limited signal strenth output of only 10mW which is not a lot!
However anything above is illegal (Don´t know about Belgium for sure but in Germany it is!)
You could of course still get one of those amplifiers if you still wanna go for the range!

DREDNOX

Where's the Jager??
Hi,

I just started fpv and everything goes weel exept I have one problem. I have my dx7 with sat. receiver So my range Is Limited, I know that there are some UHF systems like Dragonlink, Chainlink.. But do you guys know a cheaper way?

Thanks!:)
I boosted my DX6i to 1watt for under $80. But I didn't tell you that!! LOL

DREDNOX

Where's the Jager??
IMG_20111104_101143.jpg IMG_20111104_101037.jpg IMG_20111104_101058.jpg IMG_20111104_101125.jpg

DREDNOX

Where's the Jager??
I've seen an fpv flight video that somebody did in Florida. Went 40k on 2.4 using a FrSky module with the booster and patch antenna

RCTakeOff

And if i just used an higher gain antenna on my dx6i, like a patch antenna or a other omnidirectional antenna?

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I've seen an fpv flight video that somebody did in Florida. Went 40k on 2.4 using a FrSky module with the booster and patch antenna

I've actually been thinking of doing the FrSky Update to my Turnigy, but man 40klm that's pretty impressive! I'd be happy with a solid reliable few klms

DREDNOX

Where's the Jager??
And if i just used an higher gain antenna on my dx6i, like a patch antenna or a other omnidirectional antenna?
For every 6dbi increase in gain, your distance doubles. For example, if my boosted TX with a 3dbi whip antenna maxed out at 4 miles, I could use a 9dbi yagi or patch antenna and go 8 miles. 15 dbi-16 miles etc. Still doesn't mean you'll have solid link at those distances.