• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

*Unofficial* FT Goblin

Has anyone played with the vertical stabilizers yet? Different shapes, or maybe just mounting them upside-down? Thought it would help protect props -- especially three-blade -- and I don't know if it will have any adverse effects assuming you keep the surface area the same.

Tried to maiden #4 today... Cheap servo made it a short trip...
BUT some good DID come out of it as it proves my design for a 3D printed nose reinforcement for the Goblin.
(Had a 2200 in the nose, if that didn't cause it to come loose/fail I don't know what will!)

For Science!!

All those Goblins without noses should start rejoicing!
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3170446
You could cut that in half, right down the middle. Then lay it on its sides and print without supports. I would think gluing it in place as normal would maintain the intended purpose.

Hello good people! My friend invited me to come over and record his Maiden Flight of his Goblin.

My Friend is Mark S. from Titusville, Florida and he did a great job on his! Hand launch was uneventful as another buddy did the honors.
Mark's Goblin tracks like it's on rails. He was saying that he needed a little more Aileron authority (travel?).

Does not have a spar as I understand and he mod the front to have a better support for battery (3-Cell, 1300mAH).

However, were I was standing his Goblin was doing pretty good.

Video:

What do you do when you can't fly because of bad weather?
well build

IMG_20190915_102557.jpg
IMG_20190915_102622.jpg IMG_20190915_102421.jpg
as always with the Spanish foam is a bit heavy, 400gm without battery
we'll see if it flies
I have put a racestar br 2205 2300kv with apc 6x4
I hope to succeed, if so I will mount the camera / transmitter all in one

CarolineTyler

What do you do when you can't fly because of bad weather?
well build

View attachment 142713
View attachment 142714 View attachment 142715
as always with the Spanish foam is a bit heavy, 400gm without battery
we'll see if it flies
I have put a racestar br 2205 2300kv with apc 6x4
I hope to succeed, if so I will mount the camera / transmitter all in one
Very near CE looking. I just love flying my FT Goblin, people who see it are always impressed with its agility, speed and yet how slow it can fly and it's lack of a stall.
*Nice looking

Last edited:
Donaldson, I should have clarifies why the FT vs the Nano Goblin. Here in North Texas we average 14-15 mph winds. With the Nano, I just get blown around a little too much especially when flying higher than 50-75 feet. When flying into the wind it sometimes struggles pretty bad. I was thinking that a little heavier plane I might cut the wind better. I have a fully functioning large Sky Hunter but it’s hard to move around. A medium size/weight plane would be easier to take in the car. That was a big reason for going with the Nano. Funny, I did actually look at the VAS Ghost but not sure it can handle the weight of a 1.3 system and handle the wind. I have a couple of VAS planes and love them.
As far as INAV, the issue is likely the board, mini f405, even though it’s calibrated and all shows proper working when hooked up to the computer, rth and horizon send it straight to the ground. I just downloaded the new firmware and hope to get a retest flight this weekend.
When I am setting up INAV, I normally play with the calibration, and make sure that I get 5 to 10° nose up when the craft is level, that’s the only way I got rid of the aircraft diving on level flight.
Also make sure on your first flight to do the auto-trim function, do not trim the craft on the radio, it makes a world of difference, here’s a great video