*Unofficial* Mini SE5 Biplane

Giomaz

I would like to build the SE5 biplane could you tell me how it is flying?
What used propeller and battery?

degriz

Mine is flying pretty good with a blue wonder motor spinning a 6x4 ccw prop. A 800 mAh battery balances it out very nice

Maxstudio

I would like to build the SE5 biplane could you tell me how it is flying?
What used propeller and battery?

I would recommend if you are going to build one , to add skewers carefully down through the wing struts, as the straight foamboard struts don't hold up well on rough landings or crashes. Other then that it's an OK flyer.

Giomaz

what engine you used ... you can put links?

Is this engine okay?
I would have available this engine
Motori_5.jpg

Last edited:

TooJung2Die

Master member
what engine you used ... you can put links?
Is this engine okay?
I would have available this engine

I think you will be under powered with an 1804 motor. My SE5 was under powered with an 1806. A 2204 made it flyable. But the best motor I've used so far is a 2208 with an 8" slow fly propeller. The larger motors also help get the CG far enough forward.

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Will fit but you should use a CCW not CW motor.

Just ordered a speedbuil kit today.

Giomaz

I'm waiting for the engine to SE5.
Let me ask you a question: I want to do SE5 4 channels.
Where do you advise me to put the aileron servos? In what position to have the balancing of the plane

Ricci

I will build mine also with ailerons. The kit arrived today so i will start soon the build. I will use smal linear servos and will place the servos directly to the bottom of the wing. The mositin will depend on how the cg will fit. Suspecting that the CG mtches correctly with a 3chanel setting using your components place the servos on the cg point. If not you can use the servo position to get the right cg.

Giomaz

Ok Ricci attendo i tuoi sviluppi sul posizionamento dei servi.

Ok Ricci wait for your developments on the placement of the servos.

Ricci

Oh italiano! Mais io non sono italiano sono español Pero capisco el italiano.

Ricci

Build can start. Thank you Flite test. The DR1 will be build from plans because it is more fun, but also buy speed build kits to support FT.

IMG_4108.JPG

Giomaz

Oh italiano! Mais io non sono italiano sono español  Pero capisco el italiano.

Ciao Ricci, si io sono italiano, pensavo che anche tu lo fossi.
Io l'inglese non lo capisco e quindi devo usare il traduttore... e poi le traduzioni non sempre sono esatte.
Vedo che ti è arrivato il kit del FT SE5, questo modello mi piace tantissimo ( Grazie 1000 ai ragazzi di Flite Test per aver creato questo bellissimo modello ).
Come ti dicevo ho dei dubbi su dove posizionare i servi per gli alettoni e per non compromettere il baricentro del aereo.

Hi Ricci, yes I am Italian, I thought you were too.
I do not understand English and so I have to use the translator... and then the translations are not always accurate.
I see that you have arrived the kit of the FT SE5, this model I like a lot (thanks 1000 to the boys of Flite Test for creating this beautiful model).
As I said I have doubts about where to place the servos for the ailerons and not to compromise the center of gravity of the plane.

Ricci

Buona sera,
Build is fast snd easy.
The ailerons are 3.5 cm deep and starts 9cm from the inner edge of the wing.

IMG_4109.JPG

Giomaz

Quali sono i vantaggi nel montare questi servi lineari?
What are the advantages of assembling these linear servos?

Ricci

Sono mais legero e piccolo, il deventagi e que non son piu forte pero bastante per il mini

They are lighter and smaller.
But has less torque but for the mini is enough

degriz

Today I pulled the 800 mAh battery all the way forward, so it just clears the prop. The plane flew beautifully, much more stable without the steep bank & roll. Similar to the DR1 in handling now.