Unofficial Picture Thread *please read rules for posting*

ghost civic

Rules:

--Please post pictures of your FINISHED scratch built planes.

--Please limit # of pictures to 3 or 4 per post. (a short flight video is also OK)

--A basic description of your plane's specs would be good. (wingspan, length, powerplant, AUW, ect)

--Have a picture of a plane you really like that someone else made...post it! The more pics of planes the more ideas this thread can give people! If you can, give credit to the creator of the plane.

The purpose of the thread is to help give people inspiration and get the creative juices flowing. The crazier and more unique your craft the better. If you are looking for ideas for your next build, this should be a helpful thread.

So anyone with their own creation (or a modded FT plane) please post a few pics and basic description.

Thanx!

Last edited:

ghost civic

EDF delta wing.
64mm EDF. 25'' wingspan, 20'' cord, 24'' total length.

PHTO1555.JPG PHTO1549.JPG

Raptortech

Foam Addict
Here's The Panda Flying Wing

Motor: 1050kv
ESC: 45A
Prop: 11x5
Battery: 3000-9000mAh 3s
Wingspan: 53in
Flight time: 10-45min

IMG_0128.JPG

Slow motion maiden takeoff:

Raptortech

Foam Addict
Might as well throw in another:

Here's a plane I built to be super stable for aerial footage and teaching people to fly. It doesn't like the wind too much, but anything under 7mph and it will fly hands off! I called it The Big Cruiser

Motor: 1050kv
Battery: 3000mAh 3s
Wing dimensions: 10in x 60in
Flight Time: 20min

IMG_0285.JPG

Onboard flight footage. This is completely raw footage. (sorry for the repeat thumbnail and some jello)

ghost civic

found this pic while looking for ideas.

Next time I get a cardboard tube in the mail...im gonna save it and try this. Making trash fly seems like a fun thing to do.

100_2437.jpg

GarrettSmedley

FPV Cargo Twin

plane smaller.jpg

Cool builds guys!

Twin Cargo FPV i scratch built. I have been taking off and landing on snow.
>This one is 50 inch wingspan, 44 inches long.

It has flaperons, differential thrust,and a lot of lift (carries 3 cameras and 2 2200 batteries). It can do mild basic 3D.

Here is a youtube video of how I made it. The video also explains flaperons, differential thrust, failsafes, and cheap ways to make good FPV setups. I talk a bit about 3D printing, as some parts are printed (motor mounts). I have also 3D printed a quad and a tri, I can upload some more pics tomorrow.

I made a flitetest article but it is pending approval.

I have made a 40 inch and a 50inch wingspan versions. The 40 flew like a 3D plane (inverted, knife edge, could pull itself over inverted), the 50 easily carries a gopro and 2 2200 mah batteries.

2x 2200 nano tec, 2x 30-40 amp esc, 2x 28/26 1400kv turnigy motors, 7x5E props, Gopro, 700tvl ccd, 200mw 5.5 with cloverleaf LHCP, Helical receiver

Last edited:

ghost civic

Nice pics, keep them coming guys!

And Flyin201, I like the link to your build thread. Anyone who posts a pic, if you have a build thread please include a link. That way if someone really likes your build, they can quickly find the thread on how you built it.

Pic threads are cool

dingmike

planes_zps6yjyrk6i.jpg

Some of the scratch builds I built last year. All planes using the same power system, 10amp hobbywing skywalker, 2822 emax, 1300mah cell, 8x4 prop.

The delta was about 30inch wingspan and super fun to fly, I learned to fly inverted with it. The nose got broke when pulling out instead of rolling out of inverted.

The plane to the right of the delta was made of one sheet of foam board and was fun and maneuverable. It met it's demise flying through soccer goals at the park. The tail of the fuselage was too skinny and folded.

The yellow beast is my first attempt at swept wing. 40" wingspan and flies very scale with 4 channels.

The red cessna/cub inspired plane is 30" wingspan and I made it to replace the two planes on the top. It's bank&yank and fast and fun. I have a build thread here.

Raptortech

Foam Addict
Scratch built long range FPV glider:
Motor: 1100KV
Battery: 3s 8000mAh-12000mAh
Flight time (as long as I could bear to fly it)

IMG_1867.JPG IMG_1873.JPG IMG_1882.JPG 1622429_1583069211921950_1037954884614501414_o.png

degriz

80% Messerschmitt bf-109

Here's my 80% Messerschmidt swappable 32" wingspan running a blue wonder with 800mah

CAM00487.jpg

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Pelikan Models "Filip V" HLG
Composite fuselage (incredibly strong--it survived a terminal impact from very high altitude).
Webbed spruce wing spar can handle unbelievable G loads--full up elevator at 70-80 mph and it just whips around like it enjoys being slammed around the sky.

I cut off part of the nose and installed a 1/16" ply firewall for electric power. Best setup tested so far is:
Turnigy 2830-920 kv
Graupner 11x8
Hobbywing 30A esc
Orange 6 channel rx with case removed and replace with shrink tube
2x Hs 81 servos

Power for practice flying is a Nanotech 3s 1300. This is massive overkill for this model--yields over an hour of flight endurance. No, not kidding.

I installed a spoiler on the wing center section--greatly adds in landing control, but it's like adding 20% down elevator when you deploy it. A few sessions of mountain flying convinced me that the stock ruddervators were too small, so I make new ones, extended the chord by 80%. It now has all the control authority you could ever want. It'll even do outside loops without the motor running!

Even with the heavy battery, it has absolutely unlimited vertical. 45 seconds at full throttle takes it high enough that orientation becomes extremely difficult. Glide times from that altitude are in excess of 15 minutes in dead air.

DSC05161.JPG

Can you tell I like it? It's my favorite R/C model of all time!

Last edited:

Latubi

Waiting for better weather...
wingspan: 47"
auw: Around 1,5kg :rolleyes:
propeller: 12x6
motor: NTM Prop Drive 35-48 Series 900KV / 815W
intended battery: 3000mah 4s 30-40c

20150311_000038.jpg 20150311_000100.jpg 20150311_000452.jpg

Last edited: