Update To The X-Wing Flyer

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Im not saying its recommended. Just trying to counter the idea that the ama's rules are actual laws that apply outside of the ama flying fields. Pretty sure i can be on private property shooting rockets off my plane if i want. Not saying i would do that and not trying to be disrespectful of the ama, but there rules only apply on ama fields.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Im not saying its recommended. Just trying to counter the idea that the ama's rules are actual laws that apply outside of the ama flying fields. Pretty sure i can be on private property shooting rockets off my plane if i want. Not saying i would do that and not trying to be disrespectful of the ama, but there rules only apply on ama fields.

I could've sworn that the new rulings about section 336 made it so that you had to follow the CBO rules OR you had to be Part 107. There was no "either or" in that, per the FAA?

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Yeah its very confusing. The FAA site says you have to be in a community based organization and you it lists 400 ft as a guideline. Than you go to the AMA and they say no you dont have to follow that you can fly above 400 ft if your an AMA member. Hopefully at some point they will answer all this stuff for us.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
You are correct, they even worded it so that it is the AMA or part 107 without saying AMA specifically. If I want to form my own group with hookers and booze it will have to be "nationwide".

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/

Hookers, maybe, booze - that's just a bad idea. LOL

In all seriousness, though, I've seen the results of someone having a couple adult beverages and then trying to fly an RC plane. Once they crashed and tried to put out the lipo fire with contents of their Solo cup (which contained previously mentioned adult beverages and was thus flammable), I hid their transmitter.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Hookers, maybe, booze - that's just a bad idea. LOL

In all seriousness, though, I've seen the results of someone having a couple adult beverages and then trying to fly an RC plane. Once they crashed and tried to put out the lipo fire with contents of their Solo cup (which contained previously mentioned adult beverages and was thus flammable), I hid their transmitter.

LOL, just a saying made famous by a disgruntled robot. Yes, booze is a bad idea with anything that can cause harm.