Versa copter

Buy'em Fly'em

Hi I have the Versa copter and I set it up using the Naze 32 rev6 and the setup video by flite test. The PID settings wouldn't go to decimals for some reason or other. If I typed .3 it would change to 3 automatically. Other than that everything went normally. On take of the quad rocks left to right. What is the problem and how do I fix it?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The newer versions of the software just shifted the decimal points the numbers will all be the same.. 2.0 became 20 but does the exact same thing. If you start with the 4, 6, 8.5 ratio rule you can be in the air and stable to start. No matter what you start at though you will at some point have to learn how to tune your quad. I suggest you watch these two videos to get an idea how and what things do first then follow the second video step by step to tune your quad.

This one gives an over view of how it all works and examples of the changes. It does not however go into actually tuning the quad to be tighter as well as the second video Skitzo made will.

This one got me to my best tune in the shortest time and it is also what made the concept of tuning click in my head. I messed around for months tuning the Versa copter until these two videos came out. The first one got me into making changes once I had a better idea of what did what. The second one has excellent examples and explanations in a less technical and more practical way and got me to my best tune to date within an hour.

If you are still have questions ask here and I will keep an eye out for them.

Edit: Also use pid controller profile 2 that is luxfloat and it is better then the pid one how it does things.

Last edited: