what am i doing wrong on log in?

adrianmi

When i try to log on on home page i get the "user name/password" notice.
If i come to fourms and login (same info as before) it lets me login,
BUT, if i read an article it says login to comment.
I use same info there and i get the red "bad username/password" notice.
I only use a smartphone(?),
Samsung galaxy s3.
Any ideas?
Thankyou
adrianmi

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
adrianmi,

There's actually 3 separate login systems associated with FT's public sites: Store, Articles/Main site, and Forum.

There's nothing stopping you from creating three identical accounts on each, even with identical passwords, but you will have to create them separately. The crew is aware of it and how odd/annoying it can be, but they haven't found a clean-enough way to straighten it out that they can do it in a reasonable time. For now, this is one of the odd things we live with.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
In the Forum login click on Remember Me (requires cookies) and it won't ask for your password on subsequent visits.

Best regards,
PCH

adrianmi

So i just tried creating a seperate account on the articles page. Same username/password. It says user name already taken...thoughts?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Perhaps you've set it up but the password was mistyped?

Try the "forgot password", and it should let you send the setup instructions to the associated email account. If you set it up, you should then be able to fix the password and get in. If somebody else did (unlikely, sure, but still possible) then you won't get the email . . . and someone else has registered that username. All you can do at that point is pick another one.