What did you crash today

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The maiden and demise of my Hybrid V!

Actually was a great weekend with quite a bit more flying than I recorded due to a flat camera battery! :D

Top left corner of video denotes who's flying.
Someone else crashes other then me on maidens!! Not that I am happy for your Hybrid V but it does have a bit of a bitter sweet ring for me :LOL:

To bad about the plane bud but I will say you do have a beautiful place to fly, so jealous

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I crashed my Arrowhead today, I went for a loop about 3 ft off the deck and didn't have enough elevator to pull out of it, so it smashed into the pavement. It must have hit at an angle because the power pod didn't take any damage.
P1280707.JPG

@The Hangar Still no broken prop:ROFLMAO:

CheckMySix

We have a Piper down!!! Dunno how many times I told my rookie buddy to get three mistakes high. Advise I should take. Just started practicing my inverted flying and did a circuit but, gets hard to see up there with my old eyes and prescription sunglasses. I was only about 0.75 mistakes high lol. Started falling outta the inversion headed to the ground and had I been smart and idled the throttle I likely could have saved it. Now, the cub is a low rider.😋😁
Fortunately, the gear is so beefy, it took this brunt of it. Mirror is still good so nothing I can't fix before tomorrow.

The gift card hack for the skewers worked great.just rebuilt the bloody power pod this morning. Have another wing I just finished with bigger flaps. Just need to dial them in.

Attachments

• 20191220_154739.jpg
    20191220_154739.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20191220_155752.jpg
    20191220_155752.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20191220_161636.jpg
    20191220_161636.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20191220_163501.jpg
    20191220_163501.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20191220_163753.jpg
    20191220_163753.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

CheckMySix

Well, yesterday my buddy actually folded the wing on the storch...believe it or not. Now, I didn't actually see it happen as I was flying too but...he claims he wasn't yanking and banking all that hard. I ain't buying it lol. It was literally his second flight after weeks of destroying planes trying to get them off the ground. He's a stubborn man that refused to buddy box because he "doesn't learn that way". Repairing planes was much more effective I guess.
He has been doing a lot of sim time which is funny in it's own right. He finally gets off the ground in controlled flight...sounding like a kid saying...watch me daddy..watch me... and then starts doing loops and inverted of all things. I tell him...dude, you're inverted and he just casually says...I know. Wth...lol!
I tried telling him to just do some scale flying...get three mistakes high and get a feel for her. Next think I know...I'm flying FPV and he's yelling...I'm going down...wing just folded!
So, our RC-NTSB investigation determined it folded right where the two paint stick spars meet in the middle of the wing. The weakest part obviously since the aren't really attached to each other. He must have really yanked and banked it.
That bloody elevator is huge so I suspected cranked it wing high and found the weak spot. But hey, that is how we learn the limitations of our crafts....lol. it's all good. Gave him a sheet of my FT foamboard and the storch will fly again. For how long... TBD!😋😁

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Well, yesterday my buddy actually folded the wing on the storch...believe it or not. Now, I didn't actually see it happen as I was flying too but...he claims he wasn't yanking and banking all that hard. I ain't buying it lol. It was literally his second flight after weeks of destroying planes trying to get them off the ground. He's a stubborn man that refused to buddy box because he "doesn't learn that way". Repairing planes was much more effective I guess.
He has been doing a lot of sim time which is funny in it's own right. He finally gets off the ground in controlled flight...sounding like a kid saying...watch me daddy..watch me... and then starts doing loops and inverted of all things. I tell him...dude, you're inverted and he just casually says...I know. Wth...lol!
I tried telling him to just do some scale flying...get three mistakes high and get a feel for her. Next think I know...I'm flying FPV and he's yelling...I'm going down...wing just folded!
So, our RC-NTSB investigation determined it folded right where the two paint stick spars meet in the middle of the wing. The weakest part obviously since the aren't really attached to each other. He must have really yanked and banked it.
That bloody elevator is huge so I suspected cranked it wing high and found the weak spot. But hey, that is how we learn the limitations of our crafts....lol. it's all good. Gave him a sheet of my FT foamboard and the storch will fly again. For how long... TBD!😋😁
Did you get a pic of the wreckage?

Matagami Designs

Master member
20191227_163833.jpg

Went 3 for 3 today. Had a brown out on take off with my tiny trainer. Seems the FrSky receivers I am flying now are more susceptible to this.

Lost control of the scout practicing some low knife edges but it has too much tendency to roll with the rudder and I lost it and was too low to recover in time.

20191227_163801.jpg

Finally I figured why not maiden the spit. And it was so beautiful for such a short time. Had a bit to much pitch up tendency and I tried to correct it but very quickly lost orientation, entered a spin, and the rest is history. 🙁 I should definitely put more expo on for a maiden. Also would have help if I had someone to help trim it out. Should have learned these lessons by now.

20191227_163709.jpg

I think I may wanna make a new scout. That plane was very good to me. Not sure what I will do about the rest. Would love to put the 3300 4s in something simple and stable but not sure what plane that would balance with. Also thinking of doing something for 3D. Any thoughts on the FT 3D vs an Edge?

whackflyer

Master member
Would love to put the 3300 4s in something simple and stable but not sure what plane that would balance with.
Storch maybe? Even if it was nose heavy with the large battery you could put a little weight in that long tail and it'd balance out. Maybe even stretch the wing a little to handle the extra weight better and reinforce the center of the spar. Seems like another member (@mach1 rc I think) was flying with someone else who had a storch and the wing folded.

Edit- it was @CheckMySix...

Last edited:

mach1 rc

Master member
Storch maybe? Even if it was nose heavy with the large battery you could put a little weight in that long tail and it'd balance out. Maybe even stretch the wing a little to handle the extra weight better and reinforce the center of the spar. Seems like another member (@mach1 rc I think) was flying with someone else who had a storch and the wing folded.
Sorry wasn't me. The storch could probably hold that battery

KSP_CPA

Flew my mustang and all was going well until my 5 year old daughter ran out on the field while I did a touch and go. Panicked, and ended up cartwheeling.

Plane had a broken prop, bent wing tips, and torn tail wheel. Daughter got a laugh, a stern look, then a hug.

The lesson, always check the runway and announce your intentions; even when you’re the only one flying.