What did you crash today

Crazed Scout Pilot

It really is painful when you forget to reverse the ailerons. You might find your airplane as Bixler says, "rolled up in to a ball!" I let my 12 year old younger brother fly my arrow. He crashed it so I fixed it but forgot to switch the servo leads. After that It was still able to be flown. So, I through it back up into the air. I was doing some rolls when one of the servo leads got cot in the propeller and down it came.
IMG_8606.JPG

So I'm spending my Monday morning fixing it up.

Crazed Scout Pilot

View attachment 239686

2nd flight of the day (this was actually 2 weeks ago now lol) and lost rf.

Board plen ded. 🫡🫡🫡
Is that one of those board planes? It looks really good! I think it's time to take your viper out and post some pics of that beauty! Have you posted the build log for your board planes yet? I'm looking forward to building that army (or air force) of board planes.

speedfix

Is that one of those board planes? It looks really good! I think it's time to take your viper out and post some pics of that beauty! Have you posted the build log for your board planes yet? I'm looking forward to building that army (or air force) of board planes.
The viper has been out! Only 2 times tho, I gotta get it out more often but it’s pretty tough to fly.

Burnhard

It‘s time to say goodbye. My beloved Frankenwacker had an early demise last weekend on the flying field. Glad to say it was a technical error rather than a pilot mistake. One of the aileron servos got stuck in a maximum position and of she went. The nose is gone and the wing has taken pretty severe damage. Even the Windshield came off.
IMG_1493.jpeg

IMG_1494.jpeg

This was my absolute go to plane for the past two years. While this one is going to be retired for good, I will sure as hell build another one. Already considering slight improvements which bugged me on the first one.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
It‘s time to say goodbye. My beloved Frankenwacker had an early demise last weekend on the flying field. Glad to say it was a technical error rather than a pilot mistake. One of the aileron servos got stuck in a maximum position and of she went. The nose is gone and the wing has taken pretty severe damage. Even the Windshield came off. View attachment 240872
View attachment 240873
This was my absolute go to plane for the past two years. While this one is going to be retired for good, I will sure as hell build another one. Already considering slight improvements which bugged me on the first one.
Hang the carcass in a place of honor.

Burnhard

I prefer a viking funeral pire lol

Always sucks a little to lose a favorite, but, like you said, also fun to improve on the next build!
Like the idea of the viking funeral but given the amount of hotglue and foam, maybe not the most ecological solution ;-) I salvaged the tail and will keep that as a trophy.

Plans are printed. Starting to collect ideas for improvements. Certainly a stearable tail wheel. Also an MS style wing with a smooth curve and no under camber at the wing tips.

IMG_1497.jpeg

Burnhard

Finished my Bushwacker rebuild today.
IMG_1576.jpeg

Kept the paint scheme of my original one but added a couple of mods. She now has an MS style curved wing, a steerable tail wheel, balsa at the leading edges of the elevator and stabilizer and a bidirectional ESC for reverse thrust.

Mostly used the electronics from the original one but added new servos for ailerons rudder and elevator. Also recycled a bit of carbon tube and other carbon pieces.

Tried to build this one lighter than the original. For some reason the original was only 95% of the new one (probably messed up the print settings at the time). The new wing is about 5 cm longer than the original and when I weighted the old (painted) wing vs the new (at that time unpainted) wing I had like 70 grams less than the original set-up.

I am quite happy how she turned out and am looking forward to the maiden sometime soon.