What Did You Fly Today

FDS

Elite member
Flew 6 batteries of quad, got my 5” through the middle of a small (2 6” ish) tractor tyre and then powerlooped the same tyre with a LarvaX. Also flew a narrow “canyon” between two portacabins with the toothpick. Was very cold.

KSP_CPA

Geez, this is my first true "winter hibernation". The weather in East TN has grounded "off work-hours" flying for weeks. Seems like we've had sustained 8-10+ MPH winds or downpours for a month. Only 7 MPH sustained tomorrow morning, maybe the Arrow or Goblin could be enjoyable...

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Didn't fly anything today per se, but I did paint the top half of my Petrel II Sailplane. The underside is going to be white and I'll make US Navy decals on my cricut, I'm thinking about adding invasion stripes. I'm not following any particular paint scheme exactly but it is inspired by some F4Us and F7Fs. Oh, I also finished installing the electronics and added ailerons. I'll be entering this one in Planes of Fame Air Museum's volunteer rc/model building contest in March, probably along with my "all wings" triplane.
IMG_20200124_222246.jpg

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Didn't fly anything today per se, but I did paint the top half of my Petrel II Sailplane. The underside is going to be white and I'll make US Navy decals on my cricut, I'm thinking about adding invasion stripes. I'm not following any particular paint scheme exactly but it is inspired by some F4Us and F7Fs. Oh, I also finished installing the electronics and added ailerons. I'll be entering this one in Planes of Fame Air Museum's volunteer rc/model building contest in March, probably along with my "all wings" triplane.
View attachment 155800

cool! What's the span? I built something like this years and years ago out of 4" insulation board that I hotwired out, it had about an 11 foot span. Launched it by talking a guy who owned a Big Stik into initially trying to strap it to the top (spoiler alert that didn't work) but we ended up just towing it and releasing me at about 500 agl, and then I spent the next couple hours catching thermals until eventually it got too dark for me to see the thing. Sadly when I moved a month later it got damaged in shipping and I never ended up repairing it. I'll build another someday...

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
cool! What's the span? I built something like this years and years ago out of 4" insulation board that I hotwired out, it had about an 11 foot span. Launched it by talking a guy who owned a Big Stik into initially trying to strap it to the top (spoiler alert that didn't work) but we ended up just towing it and releasing me at about 500 agl, and then I spent the next couple hours catching thermals until eventually it got too dark for me to see the thing. Sadly when I moved a month later it got damaged in shipping and I never ended up repairing it. I'll build another someday...
It's about 50" and weighs around 280g. An 11' foamy? I would've liked to have seen that.