What Did You Fly Today

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Good vid. It is a fun little plane. I bet the gears on the motor just need a dab of petroleum jelly to quiet them down. The new gearbox is dry i bet

Yeah, I used some white lithium grease (what I had on hand) before the video and it helped a little, i think it might have something do do with my prop that is all out of wack, it’s cut on one side so vibrations are very likely

Piotrsko

Master member
Built in a couple of hours.

I HATE teensie parts. Flies as good as it did right out of the box which is MEH.

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_140931.jpg
    IMG_20200509_140931.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Alright, it was an epic flying day today! I flew with a buddy and we flew two packs through the UMX PT-17, 1 through the UMX B-17, 2 through the UMX spacewalker, 2 through the UMX P-47, 1 through the UMX P-51, and I also got a little stick time on the H-king F-86, although the battery was almost dead when I flew it so it only lasted a minute lol. The UMX sukhoi motor mount decided to come unglued so the flight on it was pretty short. I also flew my champ a little and worked on a UMX sized Sea Angel. That one has a bit of tuning before it flies though. Overall an awesome flying day!

speedbirdted

Legendary member
My buddy bought a large box of it 10 years ago and has hardly touched it, and he’s happy to have me use it! :D
My envy is difficult to contain. Nowhere local to me sells it. Damn...

Do you have any pictures of that mini sea angel? I wanna see it. It's also quite annoying how all the really nice UMX planes are all discontinued. I have a Spacewalker sitting in a box somewhere which flies amazing but I'm afraid to since it's impossible to get parts for and I don't want to break it. :ROFLMAO:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Do you have any pictures of that mini sea angel? I wanna see it. It's also quite annoying how all the really nice UMX planes are all discontinued. I have a Spacewalker sitting in a box somewhere which flies amazing but I'm afraid to since it's impossible to get parts for and I don't want to break it. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I’ll get some pics and post it tonight. I just got a used spacewalker in the mail yesterday and it’s an amazing UMX to fly on a calm evening. I actually flew it for over half an hour well after dark on our back porch. I just turned on the porch light and cruised around, doing touch-n-goes, shooting gaps, and having an absolute blast!

Wildthing

Legendary member

Depron really is no longer available in America, RC Foam was the supplier for it and when Depron told them no more modeling foam they closed their doors. I think in the UK you can get the Aero type Depron