What Did You Fly Today

JennyC6

Elite member
I miss flying with nitro, except when I cant tune it right or it don't start and when its time to clean them to go home, but I do miss the sound and smell : )
I love the engines on their own so I'll always fly wet fuel. This is about as big as I dare go before switching from methanol to gasoline fuel. 60 for 2c, 90 for 4c, and this is a 90. Gonna prop it with a 14-6 and mount it to a SIG 4*64. Should haul the mail with an amazing exhaust note and minimal vibration.

Expecting it to be a good FPV ship too, since the engine's got real good natural balance being an even-fire boxer. Minimal jello.

Get some brass tubes and basically just make the same thing out of them instead. Or make some short headers that basically just direct the exhaust underneath the cylinders. That's how I've always seen it done.

Yeah that was my plan. Just need to figure out the threadform and the flare specs for the exhaust port. Be best to do once it's mounted on the plane so I can decide on the routing.

slowjo

Master member
I just bought a sq12 cam, im tech illiterate so I thought id try and make a video, easy enough to work, we'll see if I can post it … I could not post a vid just this clip, is there a secret to putting a video on here?

Attachments

• MOV00003_Moment(2).jpg
    MOV00003_Moment(2).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Hoomi

Master member
I just bought a sq12 cam, im tech illiterate so I thought id try and make a video, easy enough to work, we'll see if I can post it … I could not post a vid just this clip, is there a secret to putting a video on here?
What I typically do, is edit the video (not necessary to upload it, but I enjoy the process), then upload it to my YouTube page. From there, I can share it on social media, or add the link to a forum such as this. The three dots in the toolbar above the response window, does a pulldown for "Insert," and one option is "Media." The URL for the YouTube video can be added with that function.

I'll have one on here in a few minutes, once it's uploaded to YouTube.

Hoomi

Master member
Hardly vanished into obscurity! It's well-known here in the UK. Some of the planes that the made for it still fly!
Probably didn't get as good a reception over here, because the U.S.A. wasn't the main focus. Seems, especially back then, if a story wasn't America-centric, too many people in the American audience didn't think it was worth watching, as though only America and Americans could have great stories.

Hollywood still has a bad habit of "Americanizing" stories (even TRUE stories), because they think having an American as the main character, or an American setting, will make it more appealing to the audience.