What Did You Fly Today

Matagami Designs

Master member
Here is what I have been flying lately. Couldn't get the mini mustang in the air today since I didn't check my surfaces (impatient) and had the elevator servo installed backwards. It's hard enough getting it in the air being its twice the dry weight of what it should be but this makes it impossible 😅. Need to redo the power pod. Otherwise a few uneventful flights.
20200717_184612.jpg

Vimana89

Legendary member
I maidened the 4ch Arrowhead. There's a bit of slop in the ailerons, but it flies good overall. It's a bit heavier than my 3ch with the A pack motor was, but also faster and a bit more maneuverable. The small crash in the vid is probably related to not giving the plane enough throttle at a critical moment while also maybe overcontrolling a bit and not leveling out fast enough, and for that I partially blame the GemFan 6x3x2 prop and its weak low end throttle. Maybe some nice 5x5 or 6x4's will be a better option.

Also, I figured out something I got backwards with the thrust angle on my pusher Bee, yet it still flies well. I'll reverse it and it should get rid of the dip on launch and need for reflex.

Last edited:

MacandRita

Finally got the Scout I started at Easter ready for it's maiden. Note the 50 mm extension on the nose to get the CG sorted. Took it for a taxi up the driveway and it tracks well enough. Wheels are laminated balsa turned on my wood lathe. Gave it a quick burst on full throttle just long enough to clear the ground before dropping it back on to the lawn for a perfect nose flip. Zero damage. So next weekend looks like it will be happening. Confident enough that it will fly that I even started on the paint work.
IMG_0400.JPG

This is why I want to keep wingspan down to 30"!
Went out again today. 1806 2280kV, loads of power to spare on a 3S - I can cruise all day at 1/2 throttle - I'm sure it'll fly well with a 2S. This plane flies awesome! Until you crash it and squash the nose and fold the wing. After that not so much. :p

I was right: I knew it would fly just fine without a plywood doubler at the wing root. I didn't realize - the doubler isn't for the flying, it's for the crashing!

IMG_0922.JPG

shadeyB

Legendary member
#parkflyersinternational Typhoon G1R
Love this little jet, unfortunately the long grass ripped 1&1/2 of her Canards off ! so this morning after the grass was cut, the other half got removed as I couldn’t leave her in the house. Fast, slow she does it all.
Even tried to kamikaze my other planes lol
Cheeky little thing

Hoomi

Master member
One flight each on all of these. I had one more battery for the Tiny Trainer, but while getting it prepped for a second flight, I noticed the aileron servos were loose (good ol' hot glue not adhering real well to the plastic housing of the servos, despite my having scratched them before installing).

Overcast skies this morning, with temps in the high 80s to mid 90s, and a breeze from the south that varied between about 4 and 8 mph. A few drops of rain, but not enough to cause any problems (though I could see heavier downpours off in the distance). The breeze made for nicer take-offs and landings, as our runway runs north-south. I arrived at the field just after 7:30, and there were three other pilots there. One left before I even started unloading, and the other two left before I started flying. Finished up and was ready to leave by 10:00.
Hangar07192020.jpg