What Did You Fly Today

Matagami Designs

Master member
I cant figure out why i keep losing the esc power on my mini mustang. After about 4 minutes flying an f pack equivalant on a 3s 850mah i lose the motor and the controls. So far i have been lucky enough to be in a postion where it just floats down into the bean field. Upon investigation nothing is even too warm. I would expect if it was my receiver i would get a message regarding LOS from my Qx7S? Also this has happened basically right in front of me... i think next time i will put a capacitor on it but not sure how to diagnose this one. any thoughts?

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I flew my finished Simple Cub today for the first time. I was sooo nervous because I'm new to this hobby and still learning to fly! I almost bit it a couple times and my heart was beating out of my chest. The plane needs trimmed but I was too nervous to do anything while I was in the air. I'll have to adjust it the next time I fly it, now that I know it flys! Was really satisfying seeing it fly and knowing I had built it myself. When I got it back on the ground in one piece I was so excited I felt like dancing haha!

View attachment 174488 View attachment 174489

That's exactly how a lot of us felt on our first successful maiden, keep going it only gets better!

Wildthing

Legendary member
Does anyone know if the FT 20 amp escs's have a low voltage shutoff and what voltage you would have to be at to get it to trigger? Just realized the battery is at 3.37 volts per cell which is awful low. Guess I am having too much fun with the mini mustang.
Way to low of voltage even for your battery health , 3.7 or 3.8 in that area is where some esc's will cut out but usually just the motor but taking it as low as you did yes I could see a total shut down.

bennmar02

Flew my Dead simple wing and cardboard Simple ShrubSmacker inspired plane

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_205229.jpg
    IMG_20200713_205229.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200713_205220.jpg
    IMG_20200713_205220.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0

Timmy

Legendary member
First crashes with the arrow! woohoo! Me and my friend were flying through soccer nets/posts and I hit my wing on one of the poles twice in the same spot! Still flew and I might argue that it flies even better now! I also flew my guinea and had some AWESOME landings once I removed the landing gear, now its just a belly lander. I also dropped some paper airplanes, video on that coming soon.
Arrow damage:
P1130821.JPG

From that angle you can also see my bendy push rod.
Notice how I tried to rebuild the leading edge with just tape :LOL: