What Did You Fly Today

speedbirdted

Legendary member
My friend flew his 1/4 Cub today

14cub.jpg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I have never come across a low signal warning but in my mind if there was you would also require a rx that sends info back to the tx just as you would with telemetry sensors.

Now the trimming to adjust the DT doesn't sound good. Any of my twins I calibrate throttle for both esc's one at a time , totally disconnect the one you are not calibrating. Then I disconnect one of the power wires from one of the esc's and last is a simple vertical thrust test, it should lift straight up , if it doesn't there is a problem whether it is a motor, esc or prop but it should lift straight. I also program a switch so I can turn off the DT if I need to or atleast until I get the plane all trimmed in.

Possibly you esc's bec couldn't supply enough voltage so the external one is a good idea. As Psyborg said if you have both power leads hooked up that could have caused it also.

It sucks though, it looked really good.
That's what I heard is the only way you get signal readings is if your Rx is RSSI compatible or has telemetry.

Trimming the DT worked really well. The thrust could be even after calibration but the airframe could have more drag on one side more then the other. It just like trimming the rudder. same thing.

I will be moving to a external BEC here soon too. I have to eliminate this problem somehow

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Lucky! I need to build a cub at some point. Been eyeing the sig 1/6 clip wing
I was eyeing that one before I bought the one I currently have. From what I've seen from other people's builds it seems pretty similar to their 1/4 kit which is really well set up for doing all sorts of scale modifications to.

Brodak also has a smaller kit with I think a 60" span which has a similar style of construction. Honestly I just like building from a lot of sticks more than just slapping a bunch of sheets of balsa together. Not only is it more fun but you can usually get a lighter airplane out of it too.

OliverW

Legendary member
I was eyeing that one before I bought the one I currently have. From what I've seen from other people's builds it seems pretty similar to their 1/4 kit which is really well set up for doing all sorts of scale modifications to.

Brodak also has a smaller kit with I think a 60" span which has a similar style of construction. Honestly I just like building from a lot of sticks more than just slapping a bunch of sheets of balsa together. Not only is it more fun but you can usually get a lighter airplane out of it too.
I just like building in general lol. I've gotta get my savage bobber done before my Phaeton II can scoot onto my bench. Deciding if I should finish it or my ultimate first tho. I like bipes lol

Wildthing

Legendary member
That's what I heard is the only way you get signal readings is if your Rx is RSSI compatible or has telemetry.

Trimming the DT worked really well. The thrust could be even after calibration but the airframe could have more drag on one side more then the other. It just like trimming the rudder. same thing.

I will be moving to a external BEC here soon too. I have to eliminate this problem somehow
One less issue to deal with if you know both motors are pulling the same. Definitely have to figure out why you lost controls but not the motors , I have had esc's act up where motors cut out but I still had controls to dead stick it back in but not the other way around.