What Did You Fly Today

FrankFly

Got this yesterday and took it out this morning. In 10 knot wind, it did great! Was fun flying into the wind, throttling down, and hovering. It's tiny, and has 6 axis gyros that make it super fun and relaxing to fly. I flew the first sortie and the 10 year old took it over and finished that battery and the other 2. For less than $80 (complete AC, 3 batteries and controller) at the door it's a blast. I can barely make a FT model for that. Eachine F4U Corsair from Banggood. There's a P51 version available as well. Several youtube videos for each. Watch the prices as they fluctuate wildly seemingly by the hour.
0808201116.jpg

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
Got this yesterday and took it out this morning. In 10 knot wind, it did great! Was fun flying into the wind, throttling down, and hovering. It's tiny, and has 6 axis gyros that make it super fun and relaxing to fly. I flew the first sortie and the 10 year old took it over and finished that battery and the other 2. For less than $80 (complete AC, 3 batteries and controller) at the door it's a blast. I can barely make a FT model for that. Eachine F4U Corsair from Banggood. There's a P51 version available as well. Several youtube videos for each. Watch the prices as they fluctuate wildly seemingly by the hour. View attachment 176707
I've got one of those coming, not supposed to have it till Sept. 18 though. I ordered some other stuff but I'm pretty sure with the first time buyer discount and one of the codes they send when you make an account it cost me about 75 bucks.

Johnthebaptist

2 maidens both successful! One on my first 3d capable plane (shrub smacker and mini funtana built from plans). Flight with my gymnast funfly and ran out of batteries but safe landing. Short flight on ft cub with my son flying once in the air. Amazing day in Tennessee!

Attachments

• 4E59BF2E-BA5A-4DDF-9720-FC3ACB034D29.jpeg
    4E59BF2E-BA5A-4DDF-9720-FC3ACB034D29.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • C4696562-A186-4962-A707-D18F9424D11A.jpeg
    C4696562-A186-4962-A707-D18F9424D11A.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 0

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I'm biting off more than I can chew! I keep flying in too small of a space, shooting gaps that I'm not ready for, and flying above concrete and asphalt. I hit a stray branch and crashed into an asphalt lot. The battery is now puffed and doesn't look like a battery anymore.:poop: The frame is also chipped as well as my ego. :cry:

In hindsight I should be flying at an easier spot, and not trying the tricks Mr. Steele and Drib are doing quite yet. GRRRR

I should be getting my fatsharks anytime though!:love:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'm biting off more than I can chew! I keep flying in too small of a space, shooting gaps that I'm not ready for, and flying above concrete and asphalt. I hit a stray branch and crashed into an asphalt lot. The battery is now puffed and doesn't look like a battery anymore.:poop: The frame is also chipped as well as my ego. :cry:

In hindsight I should be flying at an easier spot, and not trying the tricks Mr. Steele and Drib are doing quite yet. GRRRR

I should be getting my fatsharks anytime though!:love:
Yeah, you’ve been pushing it pretty hard... Stick the battery in your fridge for a day - it’ll probably remove the puff.