What Did You Fly Today

Vimana89

Legendary member
Yesterday morning was too hot to fly for prolonged time at 114 degrees, bad for health and electronics. Up now and charging a couple batteries, hopefully I can beat the worst of the heat this morning and get some stick time. My fleet still needs work, but I've got a handful of real keepers that perform well, and it's pretty diverse and well rounded where last year I stuck mainly with deltas and low aspect RET stuff, now I've got all kinds of different types to choose from.

KSP_CPA

Had a break in the wind/rain last night and flew the sea duck and arrow. Had a bad launch on the arrow which caused an unintentional cartwheel landing about 20 feet down range. Looked it over and it seemed ok so I tried again and flew it like I stole it. Post flight showed one of the wingtip vertical stabilizers was pretty close to being ripped off due to that prior aborted takeoff.

Question to the experts, would the loss of one of the wingtip vertical stabilizers on an arrow during flight result in an unrecoverable spin or roll? I can’t really conclude either way...

shadeyB

Legendary member
Had awesome fun with my buccaneer
While ensuring the local dogs had their workout chasing the jet 🥰😂🤣
The last launch didn’t go to well and unfortunately my camera had died 😂 .... I hear you say ...” no video - it didn’t happen “

I assure you it did 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 blaming a dodgy servo, well it was twitching after I powered her up when I finally shoved her back together
Replaced the servo

EF16E081-EFA5-45FD-877E-B0C9D9138BE3.jpeg

Got her back together with little upgrade while I was at her, couple of bomb racks printing just now 😀🤣😜
Cut open and activated “bomb bay doors” I have a couple of “para’s” itching to get up in the lovely blue stuff on her next sortie to test the bomb bay door action.
F0405C84-463F-4658-8D05-23A46D924229.jpeg

I have warned them that she has a pusher Prop ....... “they just stared at me and said nothing” I’m guessing these “para’s” are tough guys
B3EABC1D-5C23-413F-8D77-78C98DF29F27.jpeg

Hopefully get the mission go ahead on wed if weather is kind 👌

Attachments

• 72EA8A93-A5F3-445C-B863-9E98B18C1270.jpeg
    72EA8A93-A5F3-445C-B863-9E98B18C1270.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 22E40295-DE74-4481-95B6-773044CC03D6.jpeg
    22E40295-DE74-4481-95B6-773044CC03D6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0

legodragonxp

Had awesome fun with my buccaneer
While ensuring the local dogs had their workout chasing the jet 🥰😂🤣
The last launch didn’t go to well and unfortunately my camera had died 😂 .... I hear you say ...” no video - it didn’t happen “

I assure you it did 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 blaming a dodgy servo, well it was twitching after I powered her up when I finally shoved her back together
Replaced the servo
(snip)

Hopefully get the mission go ahead on wed if weather is kind 👌
Glad to hear it can be rebuilt. Beautiful aircraft!

JennyC6

Elite member
Today's RC shenanigans:

* Bought a Duratrax Evader BX and a Kyosho KE-25 engine off a homey in an RC discord(Previously bought my Slayer Pro off of him)

* Bought a Kyosho Scorpion XXL kit off AMain

* Bought pretty much everything needed to finish the Scorpion and get the Evader BX on my Futaba radio system.

Tomorrow's looking to have beautiful wind conditions so I'm gonna get cracking on some prepwork for my VK Cherokee, see if I can get it to a maidenable state tonight. Bring it, my TwinStar down to Peeler tomorrow, yeet 'em skyward.

Next pay cycle I'ma get a receiver and start working on my Super Kaos. I want that bad boy in the air by the end of the year. It's such a gorgeous bird and it just cries out 'fly me!'

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Getting the new Tx dialed in, built the FT 22 to play with some mixes and curves, here is some video for ya...

PS. this might be a bit of a long one...

I used the curve i learned from the reflex on a slider this flight to build one for the throttle stick to adjust given the throttle position. Tried it today and it works so effortlessly, any speed

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Today’s fleet!
F5B14CCC-7BBE-4444-984E-076740712D45.jpeg

Again I was blown away with how well the F7F flew! I’m using the old B pack with 9x6 props and a 3000 mah 3s lipo, and she has unlimited vertical and I got 17 minutes of flying, and a lot of it was full throttle! 😱 She flies super smooth and does inverted super duper well! I was trying to fly through some tents with the UMX Polecat and she took a little tumble, but nothing a little of glue won’t fix. I was sending it with the UMX beast and really doing well but I got a little too low and scraped the ground. I just need to re-glue the control horn and wing strut. I came super close to crashing the Carbon Cub, but was able to pull out about a foot off the ground. I was checking the plane’s battery voltage from my tx (it has telemetry) and when I looked back at the plane it was headed f type ground! I yanked full up and managed to pull out of it thankfully! Anyways, it was an awesome flying day!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Getting the new Tx dialed in, built the FT 22 to play with some mixes and curves, here is some video for ya...

PS. this might be a bit of a long one...

I used the curve i learned from the reflex on a slider this flight to build one for the throttle stick to adjust given the throttle position. Tried it today and it works so effortlessly, any speed
Awesome vid buddy! You were ripping it! What motor were you using - sunnysky?

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Today’s fleet! View attachment 177326
Again I was blown away with how well the F7F flew! I’m using the old B pack with 9x6 props and a 3000 mah 3s lipo, and she has unlimited vertical and I got 17 minutes of flying, and a lot of it was full throttle! 😱 She flies super smooth and does inverted super duper well! I was trying to fly through some tents with the UMX Polecat and she took a little tumble, but nothing a little of glue won’t fix. I was sending it with the UMX beast and really doing well but I got a little too low and scraped the ground. I just need to re-glue the control horn and wing strut. I came super close to crashing the Carbon Cub, but was able to pull out about a foot off the ground. I was checking the plane’s battery voltage from my tx (it has telemetry) and when I looked back at the plane it was headed f type ground! I yanked full up and managed to pull out of it thankfully! Anyways, it was an awesome flying day!
Those umx's look so smol compared to the Cub and F7F.:p:p:love::love:(y)