What Did You Fly Today

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
My adventure today was a little less expensive! I dusted off and flew my Electrafun XP from 2002, (EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO). It still flies great though it migrated from its original radio and the nicad batteries a few years ago now!

Working my way through my sub 500 gram hangar!

Have fun!

slowjo

Master member
I haven't flow in a week due to lack of flying buddies. Yesterday was windy but I went for it anyways. I taxied my otter around to get "warmed up" I took off and I was all over the place took me a few seconds to find my bearings. I landed then the wind flipped me over and damaged the otter's pylon :mad:. By now my "buddies" hadn't shown up I did expect to meet my friend, @RC4Crashes there and the guy I'm training on my TT.
I went home, got a replacement plane (TT #2) and met up with my buds and we had a great time. RC4Crashed ended up encountering the ground quite often and now he needs a replacement for his TT. My other friend did quite well, he has his own plane too, similar to the duet.
I'm gonna have to replace the pylon on my Otter which is gonna be a pain in the tail feathers because its really stuck in there. I have to unglue it from the wing, fuselage and the motor pod. I'm not ready to scrap the Otter though.
Damage Report:
View attachment 177853
my otter and P51c Otter were my go to planes in the winter time, snow is the only "water" I fly off from:cool:

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Kind of a disappointing day today. I took the Simple Stick and the Arrowhead out for a spin and got maybe a combined 35 seconds of flight time. Winds sucked, gusty and uncomfortable but I'd dragged spectators out so I put them up anyway. The wind played havoc with the Stick and made for a very unrelaxing flight. After one or two short laps the battery started to sag badly, I'd forgotten to bring my tester so I must have plugged in a dead one. I broke the prop on landing and didn't have any spares.
The Arrowhead didn't go any better. The CG must've been off because I had no control of the plane whatsoever. I threw it up on full throttle, nothing I did on the sticks had any effect and it missed a bystander by feet. The good news is now I have an extra motor, four servos, and an Rx.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Kind of a disappointing day today. I took the Simple Stick and the Arrowhead out for a spin and got maybe a combined 35 seconds of flight time. Winds sucked, gusty and uncomfortable but I'd dragged spectators out so I put them up anyway. The wind played havoc with the Stick and made for a very unrelaxing flight. After one or two short laps the battery started to sag badly, I'd forgotten to bring my tester so I must have plugged in a dead one. I broke the prop on landing and didn't have any spares.
The Arrowhead didn't go any better. The CG must've been off because I had no control of the plane whatsoever. I threw it up on full throttle, nothing I did on the sticks had any effect and it missed a bystander by feet. The good news is now I have an extra motor, four servos, and an Rx.
GRRRRRR. I hate those days.

What are you gonna build next?

Legendary member
GRRRRRR. I hate those days.

What are you gonna build next?
I'm gonna build an F-86D for the Community Engagement Challenge but I'm waiting on parts at the moment. Not feeling too confident in my flying ability at the moment but we'll see how it goes. I think the problem is the plane though, I've really improved my flying on the Stick but it just hates the slightest bit of wind so I always end up with white knuckles flying it.

I also built the wing for an F-104 but I'm seriously rethinking that decision, I need something slower.

My Tigercat of course😂
How does it handle? I think it's time I built a twin but I'm a little shaken up at the present minute so I'd like something gentle. I could probably do a P-38 in similar style too.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I'm gonna build an F-86D for the Community Engagement Challenge but I'm waiting on parts at the moment. Not feeling too confident in my flying ability at the moment but we'll see how it goes. I think the problem is the plane though, I've really improved my flying on the Stick but it just hates the slightest bit of wind so I always end up with white knuckles flying it.

I also built the wing for an F-104 but I'm seriously rethinking that decision, I need something slower.

How does it handle? I think it's time I built a twin but I'm a little shaken up at the present minute so I'd like something gentle.
Strange, My simple stick loved the wind! I did 25mph flights with it.

Legendary member
My Tigercat of course😂
Do you have any more pics of the F7F? Wingspan? AUW? Where's that flight video you promised?

The big issue for me right now is stability. My Stick is inherently stable but it's so light for it's size that it's hard to be precise and it's not relaxing at all if there's any wind. I want something that "flies on rails" or close to it. Preferably something slow.
A Mossie doesn't sound like a bad idea right now, maybe I'll buy an extra motor and skip the Saber Dog for now.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The Bloody Baron now has 4 full batts through it, one more and it gets ACE status. I went to the LHS today and took my TX and Baron to see if the was anything I could do to trouble shoot the cut out issue i am having. I think I have that figured out and have stuff on the way in the mail. New Rx, FrSky IA6B. Gonna try a different protocol, I have given DSM a good run. In the same order i have a couple of external BEC's and a new Skywalker ESC to try as well. Hopefully something comes out of this... fingers crossed

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

How does it handle? I think it's time I built a twin but I'm a little shaken up at the present minute so I'd like something gentle. I could probably do a P-38 in similar style too.
It’s super duper gentle! Even easier to fly than the simple stick imo.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Do you have any more pics of the F7F? Wingspan? AUW? Where's that flight video you promised?

The big issue for me right now is stability. My Stick is inherently stable but it's so light for it's size that it's hard to be precise and it's not relaxing at all if there's any wind. I want something that "flies on rails" or close to it. Preferably something slow.
A Mossie doesn't sound like a bad idea right now, maybe I'll buy an extra motor and skip the Saber Dog for now.
Unfortunately my phone storage is maxed out so it makes it really hard to get any pics to post... It's a 1250 mm WS (not sure what the weight is) but it's pretty light and doesn't handle the wind too well. As far as video goes I seem to have lost my gopro which had the video on it... :cry::cry: I sure hope it shows up... :oops: