What Did You Fly Today

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The thing with the slow stick is that it has an under campered wing and hates inverted... Maybe a Headbang edge...
You have a simple cub, right? How well does it do inverted? Mine seemed to hate it last time I tried. With the last fixes it became pretty heavy and I don’t dare even do a roll - much less inverted! The spitfire and ft-22 are awesome at inverted though...

Headbang

Master member
I like the 6s idea, was it not fast enough before when it bounced off the ground and broke apart?
Huh? The words "fast enough" do not compute. Seriously tho, being a plank it is at home with 300kph. If the grass was flatter that landing would have worked out, I firmly believe the landscape should change to accommodate my need for speed! I could have slowed down to safe reasonable landing speed, but then how would I know the bump in the grass was there?

OliverW

Legendary member
You have a simple cub, right? How well does it do inverted? Mine seemed to hate it last time I tried. With the last fixes it became pretty heavy and I don’t dare even do a roll - much less inverted! The spitfire and ft-22 are awesome at inverted though...
My simple cub is deceased but I am working on my 3D cub and am trying to figure out how to get it done just right.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Well it wasn’t me! Have you found a cg you like yet?
I am finding the 22 is adaptable to whatever CG you chose. Make it tail heavy and you can fly it manageably at slower speeds with maneuverability. Balance it on the marks and you can really put the coals to it... correction, you HAVE to put the coals to it to keep it flying without ballooning on you. I like them both actually

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Hmmmm I seem to be hearing a need for semi and fully symmetrical wing mods for some ft planes. Just so happens I did it with the seaduck and the same construction could apply to anything. Maybe this winter I will do up a few.
You should do a build thread on one, I am sure people are curious as to how you are so successful at this hobby, just give them a peek into your mind.

Wildthing

Legendary member
A little video of the combat wars I went to in North Battleford. It has also the massive bomber that was the target to take out. I forgot one guy also fitted his baron with a huge gas motor, he did finally get it to fly after a few attempts but it was so nose heavy he couldn't land it without doing some kind of damage.

Vimana89

Legendary member
My Avro Vulcan prototype for FTFC challenge! Forgot headband on maiden so no footage of the first maiden...but this plane shocked and awed me at how awesome it was right off the bat. I landed her quick and got my camera should have footage up soon if it came out right!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Vimana89

Legendary member
I've got more footage and a longer clip with commentary to edit, but the uncut clip I will share for now is a very nice flight full from launch to landing, probably about the third launch following maiden. In this one I test the plane's looping capability...this plane does not do little RET/Nutball/3d park flyer flips, this does big, full epic loops. Here's a look at my Vulcan, hope you guys enjoy. I'm really stoked about this build and how well it flies already.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
There’s been a lot of wind lately so no real flight lately, but I did get some “RealFlight” time in! I managed to pull off some knife edges, a few mediocre flat spins, and I’m really improving at prop hanging! I also practiced some low-n-slow inverted pattern flying as well. I’m improving at my 3D so hopefully I’ll be able to do some cool stuff when I build @Headbang easy af edge!

L Edge

Master member
Also, @L Edge are those the $20 5 blade amazon 64/70 mm edf’s? I’ve heard they are not as good but I can’t afford several of the higher quality ones...

No, they are HobbyLobby where I got them for $10 and spare blades for $2. Good idea to purchase spare blades if you can right away. They are always offering different fans/blades so a year yours are out
Sweet! You should put landing gear on top off the plane and do inverted touch and go’s!! f stock.
Sweet! You should put landing gear on top off the plane and do inverted touch and go’s!!

There is a plane called "flipflop" that allows you to takeoff and land regular as usual, but if you feel capable, takeoff and land inverted. If you feel comfortable flying inverted, then you should have no trouble to takeoff. It is a crowd pleasure and I named mine "THE OTHERUP".

Headbang

Master member
There’s been a lot of wind lately so no real flight lately, but I did get some “RealFlight” time in! I managed to pull off some knife edges, a few mediocre flat spins, and I’m really improving at prop hanging! I also practiced some low-n-slow inverted pattern flying as well. I’m improving at my 3D so hopefully I’ll be able to do some cool stuff when I build @Headbang easy af edge!
Just finished setting up things at my shop on a 55" tv, next step is to hook up the vr
20191009_125438.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
No, they are HobbyLobby where I got them for $10 and spare blades for $2. Good idea to purchase spare blades if you can right away. They are always offering different fans/blades so a year yours are out
HobbyLobby as in the craft store? You definitely can’t argue with $10!