What Did You Fly Today

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Well I managed to get out flying with my Tiny trainer today, to be honest it was way to windy but couldn't resist. It was up and down like something off a fairground ride but must admit it was fun.
Unfortunately I broke the cardinal rule and flew too far away, lost orientation for a moment and she hit the deck. I wasn't too bothered to be honest I was flying pretty reckless, I was planning to dismantle it after the flight anyway as I am using parts for my Pylon racer. I have 3 other Tiny trainers in better condition anyway.
The annoying part is after all the loops, rolls and inverted the camera recorded nothing ? :unsure: can't understand why.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
After getting home I dismantled the Tiny trainer, to salvage some parts and discovered the elevator servo was, "lets just say its not working anymore". I cant see why the crash would have caused the damage as it was a nose impact. Maybe it wasn't pilot error after all maybe my over zealous flying killed the servo. It was one of those ultra cheap 9g nylon gear servos you buy 10 for only £10 ( or 10 for $13.70) that includes delivery too.
That's why I use decent metal gear, digital servos these days not worth the risk. I have a bag full of the damn things now might be able to make a decent one from all the parts if I strip them all.

Flyingshark

Master member
After getting home I dismantled the Tiny trainer, to salvage some parts and discovered the elevator servo was, "lets just say its not working anymore". I cant see why the crash would have caused the damage as it was a nose impact. Maybe it wasn't pilot error after all maybe my over zealous flying killed the servo. It was one of those ultra cheap 9g nylon gear servos you buy 10 for only £10 ( or 10 for $13.70) that includes delivery too.
That's why I use decent metal gear, digital servos these days not worth the risk. I have a bag full of the damn things now might be able to make a decent one from all the parts if I strip them all.
I guess the crash was a pretty traumatic experience for that servo.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I guess the crash was a pretty traumatic experience for that servo.
I just LMAO it was inevitable to be fair 25mph gusts versus Tiny trainer no contest (n), I just wanted to test my SQ11 mini camera out but the damn thing didn't record for some reason more annoyed over that.
I wouldn't have taken any other planes out today, apart from a heavier balsa plane maybe :unsure:

mdcerdan

Elite member
Maiden of my second 3D printed fuselage. It flew ok but it had little control authority on the V tail, need more work in the bench to adjust it.
Flew a couple times with the Pawnee to test flaperons. And a few batteries with the first 3D fuselage. If flew so good with the ailerons wing that I played with it well into the night.
vlcsnap-2021-04-11-22h05m50s958.png
vlcsnap-2021-04-11-22h10m01s531.png
vlcsnap-2021-04-11-22h11m52s732.png
vlcsnap-2021-04-11-22h16m18s445.png
vlcsnap-2021-04-11-22h18m34s555.png
vlcsnap-2021-04-11-22h24m53s771.png

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Last shift tonight so planning to go flying Thursday while I am off. I am taking the Hanger Simple Stick for its second maiden, hopefully its a bit more successful than the first outing (the electric fence hasn't been the same since LOL). It should be a better flight this time, I know what to expect. It should be a good day out, flask of coffee, diet coke and sandwiches.
I am also taking my Bushwacker, Trainstar Ascent, AXN floater, Tiny Cub and Tiny trainer Mk3 (with mini cam fitted), so should get some flight videos.