What Did You Fly Today

OliverW

Legendary member
Flew at the imac comp today. I won every round of basic, and won the freestyle! Awesome field, awesome people, awesome weekend. Also logged 2 flights on the 125" extra, and one on the 91" ars!
20210606_211002.jpg
FB_IMG_1623030121924.jpg
20210606_143214.jpg

bwarz

Master member
Maidened my son's Staggerwing this evening. Not sure where the CG should have been, not sure of throws, not sure of lots of things! No video as it was quite the last minute of decisions. The throws are a bit much for him - going to set his radio up with them dialed way back. Fiddled with the CG location as I saw varying locations on different Staggerwing models, ended up with balancing right on the leading edge of the top wing. (Found out what it's like to fly a majorly tail-heavy plane - didn't like that ONE BIT! :ROFLMAO::LOL: ... but it came down in one piece...) Now my next few evenings will be putting the finish foam touches on it and dressing it up in his choice of blues.

Matagami Designs

Master member
20210606_183717.jpg
Built a FT simple cub to have something to compare my LW PLA cub to. Unsurprisingly it flys way better then my design. Not really any bad tendencies. I do prefer the way mine looks though as it has more scale lines. Unfortunately I wrecked my lw pla cub pretty bad and it's out of commission as of now. Not sure what happened but I tossed it and it just rolled into the ground . Planning on making some changes for ease of assembly as well as some structural changes and then try to print again.

Also flew dat rhino and noticed I had to add alot of aileron trim... later in flight I could see the elevator was down and askew. Paper hinge is delaminating pretty bad. I wonder how long it will last if I glue it back down.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Today I mostly flew a desk, but on my days off I drove to my friend's field and spent the night. I got to maiden two new to me planes, and re-maidened another one.

The new to me ones were a Freewing ME262, and a 1/4 scale Hangar 9 PA-18 with a VVRC 40 twin gasser on the front.

I put the unknown crop duster back in the air for the first time in a while. It is powered by an old Quadra 36.

I also flew my Freewing Mig-15 again. But my 1300's are a bit tired and they can't stand the power draw of the EDF. So I have two new ones that should be arriving tomorrow.
3dfarm sunrise.jpeg

Attachments

• duster1.jpeg
    duster1.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 0
  • me262.jpeg
    me262.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 0
  • cub1.jpeg
    cub1.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 0

mdcerdan

Elite member
Just a quick trip to my field to maiden the FT22. First launch I smashed it to the ground, then I remembered it needs a lot of up elevator. Second launch went smooth and flew it in big circles while trimming some more up elevator. Landing was uneventful. Second battery installed and a few more short flights until the battery alarm started to beep. Missed my 40m wide runway and ended up in the high grass with no damage at all.
For a glider guy it was a handful but I was able to fly it and enjoy it!
vlcsnap-2021-06-08-16h49m24s436.png
vlcsnap-2021-06-08-16h46m49s445.png
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-08 at 16.36.16.jpeg

Last edited:
Right now i am flying a home brew motor glider. 100% Flite Test inspired design. The wing does have a wood main spar and 1/16" ribs to maintain the shape. The wing is also put together with gorilla glue so it last on these hot Texas summer days..
I'm also working on a new project. It's an old timer / flite test inspired example of a "Spooky-Buzzard Bombshell" mix up. The last 2 photo's are past projects that are now retired.

Attachments

• The Glider.jpg
    The Glider.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG