What Did You Fly Today

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Had a fantastic time at the field today! Got a few flights in on my Sbach and my dad got his F6F flying. Im also so stoked because I just received a dynam Tiger moth ready to go including battery! It's such a joy to fly and especially when doing touch and goes. I flew it with a 4s which gave it unlimited power so I think I'll run it on a 3s to lighten it up a little.
IMG_20210612_225916.jpg
IMG_20210612_230005.jpg

Wildthing

Legendary member
Its the hobbico one I think. Only downside is I'm not sure how well it would take a 15cc as thats my only available engine lol
Mine is the Hobico from 1996 (date on the box) , I did enlarge the ailerons by an inch and enlarged the holes in the wing where the rods came through to allow more travel to make it roll, originally it was very pathetic but since that was done I really like it.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Mine is the Hobico from 1996 (date on the box) , I did enlarge the ailerons by an inch and enlarged the holes in the wing where the rods came through to allow more travel to make it roll, originally it was very pathetic but since that was done I really like it.
Mine is a Great Planes Kit from around 2015 without any modifications from the original plans. I've found that it has plenty of through in its stock configuration but I'm not 3d-ing it, just doing basic patterns, nothing more than
rolling circles and such.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Had a fantastic time at the field today! Got a few flights in on my Sbach and my dad got his F6F flying. Im also so stoked because I just received a dynam Tiger moth ready to go including battery! It's such a joy to fly and especially when doing touch and goes. I flew it with a 4s which gave it unlimited power so I think I'll run it on a 3s to lighten it up a little.
View attachment 201803 View attachment 201805
She’s pretty! How was the roll rate with only ailerons on the lower wings on the Tiger Moth? I’ve been looking at either the Dynam Waco or the Tiger Moth.

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
She’s pretty! How was the roll rate with only ailerons on the lower wings on the Tiger Moth? I’ve been looking at either the Dynam Waco or the Tiger Moth.
It's alright, it's not like your doing a lot of aerobatics with it. The Waco flys a lot better than the Tiger moth but in my opinion, the Tiger moth is a neater airplane. One things for sure, the Tiger moth needs a lot of elevator to stop from flipping when taxing! It could be fixed by bending the gear forward but I like the look and challenge of the stock gear.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
It's alright, it's not like your doing a lot of aerobatics with it. The Waco flys a lot better than the Tiger moth but in my opinion, the Tiger moth is a neater airplane. One things for sure, the Tiger moth needs a lot of elevator to stop from flipping when taxing! It could be fixed by bending the gear forward but I like the look and challenge of the stock gear.
Maybe I should get both :p

randyrls

Randy
Well; My No 2 Explorer needs some repair work...... I did THREE LOOPS in a row, and the wing folded in the middle. Don't know if I should just make a new wing (with a center brace) or repair the old one.