What Did You Fly Today

bisco

Elite member
thanks!
i like takeoffs and landings, and i need the practice. at some point, i will remove them, maybe that's all i need for more power.

bisco

Elite member
Nice flights!! What camera are you using for your flight videos?
thanks! it's just my iphone dorkcam. something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LWAY2NI/?tag=lstir-20

it takes some practice to get it in the right spot repeatedly, it's either too high or too low, or i touch the screen after starting the video and putting it on.
i have it down pretty well most of the time now, and it's easy to bluetooth it to the computer, edit and youtube.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Was that the 3d printed Eagle?
yeah it was gorgeous until battery connection gave up 😂🤣🥲
BBE7AB86-FE5F-4657-9E2B-BDAA1268E4C2.jpeg

Last edited:

shadeyB

Legendary member
I have strongly considered getting that model. Did you print it in LW-PLA and PLA? Was it worth the print? The look is great... wouldn't it be cool to manage that in DTFB (looking as good)
Yes did the recommended print with both, took about 1 week to print everything, set it up on 1200kv with 8x6 and looked awesome for the first 15 seconds till the battery disconnected 😂😂
fellow pilot at the field did mention it would be crazy awesome in foam

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I found the scout to fly better. Mostly because the cub is a cub, and mine needed a little coordinated. I enjoyed both while they flew.

bisco

Elite member
beautiful model, but way beyond my flying ability, i can't even fly my duster without gyro, and i don't have a runway either.
i can't wait to see yours though, good luck!

Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
beautiful model, but way beyond my flying ability, i can't even fly my duster without gyro, and i don't have a runway either.
i can't wait to see yours though, good luck!
Hmmm it should fly really easily... In theory...
And you can hand launch it too...
I still need to build one...

Brian B

Elite member
Flew the Macchi M.5 for the first time yesterday. Some stability problems, gotta work of control throws and CG, but looks good in the air (when it wasn't in a spinning dive). Survived some pretty good falls due to tall grass and light weight. Plus newby pilot, who wants to run before I can walk.
20210921_223148.jpg
20210921_222950.jpg