What Did You Fly Today

F.K1999

Last evening I had flown… a rocket
E0282670-12C5-42F0-8F6C-11136943BF15.jpeg

709AAC27-FC9F-4916-A8C0-6484B816F434.jpeg
F7A70607-FB3C-414F-9203-9722B82F5932.jpeg

It was my first rocket plane - despite some concerns, it flew well and performed controlled landing in one piece. However it was a small fire onboard, so it would be easier to build a new one.
Here’s a flight video

L Edge

Master member
Completed my 21st flight on my designed F-117 Adams Readi-board plane. Made aileron adjustments and now flies real stable from takeoff to landing. Top speed with 5 blade is not the best, so I would use 70mm if I had to do again. Plane can handle abrupt lift offs and flares just like the real one. No gyro or FC. Will video next round out at the field.

21 f-117.jpg

Other than wrinkles and keeping it away from morning dew , happy with a plane that foam material costs just over $2.

Last edited:

Crazed Scout Pilot

The basic plans came from the resources page under subject "J-20 VS F-22" from user "zenith.hjx". I used a eFlight Habu STS 70mm with 4S on the J-20, and currently not that happy with the thrust. The F-22 used a generic Amazon 70mm that put out more (but threw a blade on flight #10). Lots of induction noise with square edge intake on the J-20, so I'm gonna 3D print a flaired intake nozzle and see if that works better. Super controllable at high-alpha, fast spins, obviously. It is all taped up with white packing tape, so about ready to start a paint scheme with Fusion rattlecan.

Can videos only be uploaded after posting in Youtube? I've never done that.
View attachment 239054 View attachment 239055 View attachment 239058
Thats the coolest F-22 that I've seen!!!!!!!!!!

L Edge

Master member
Last evening I had flown… a rocket
View attachment 239254
View attachment 239256 View attachment 239257
It was my first rocket plane - despite some concerns, it flew well and performed controlled landing in one piece. However it was a small fire onboard, so it would be easier to build a new one.
Here’s a flight video

You need to get the rockets that do not ignite in the front to open the parachute. Mine is a D-12-0 that I used for my plane. The zero indicates there is no charge to ignite the front. Only a dud. That is why you had a fire.

F.K1999

You need to get the rockets that do not ignite in the front to open the parachute. Mine is a D-12-0 that I used for my plane. The zero indicates there is no charge to ignite the front. Only a dud. That is why you had a fire.
Thank you! I thought 0 could mean not a complete lack of ejection charge, but zero delay to ignite upper stage.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Completed my 21st flight on my designed F-117 Adams Readi-board plane. Made aileron adjustments and now flies real stable from takeoff to landing. Top speed with 5 blade is not the best, so I would use 70mm if I had to do again. Plane can handle abrupt lift offs and flares just like the real one. No gyro or FC. Will video next round out at the field.

View attachment 239261

Other than wrinkles and keeping it away from morning dew , happy with a plane that foam material costs just over $2.
Nice F-17!!!!! I'd love to build one if you got plans. Have you taken it for a maiden yet? What do you plan to paint it? Again looks really scale, better then I could do.

Crazed Scout Pilot

I took my FT p-40 and my Kitfox Speedster out this morning.
IMG_8485.JPG

They both flew really great. In my estimation the really beautiful scale planes.
IMG_8490.JPG

IMG_8496.JPG
IMG_8492.JPG

On my last take off the right wheel fell off, but the P-40 just soared right in to the air. So on the landing I decided to just keep the retracs up and belly land it. It seemed to have worked out.:oops:
IMG_8498.JPG

The Kitfox Speedster just looks amazing up in the air!
IMG_8500.JPG

IMG_8501.JPG
IMG_8504.JPG

That was my flying for today. Well see what happens tomorrow I'm feeling like its time to bring my Spitfire and A-10 out next.

Crazed Scout Pilot

So I brought out my Swappable Spitfire and A-10
IMG_8509.JPG

The Spitfire has a bit of hanger rash that I have to take care of. Also I have to take the power pod off my P-40. I also want to detail it a bit more. I have some old scoops that I want to put on the wing. Also I want to put some stacks on. I wanted also to download the skins form Rasterize and cut out the folded landing gear and glue them under the wing. There is a lot to do I don't know how much I'll be able to do today. I have got some nicnac cores that I got to do before the end of the week, washing cars etc. So lets get on with it.

Crazed Scout Pilot

I wasn't able to post yesterday because I got busy . But i did get most of the things that I wanted to do to the Spitfire done. The scoops the cannons and the stacks
IMG_8511.JPG
IMG_8512.JPG

It flew really nice. And looked a lot more scale. I would like to at some point build the master series Spitfire, it looks a lot more scale.
IMG_8516.JPG
IMG_8514.JPG
IMG_8518.JPG
IMG_8522.JPG
IMG_8526.JPG
IMG_8530.JPG

Didn't have time to fly the A-10 so that will have to wait till next time.

mastermalpass

Elite member
I have always had a sweet spot for helis. Vey epic in the sky. Can you do any stunts with your helis?

Only very basic loops and rolls. At the moment, none of my 3D helis can actually go inverted. My blue and white one is carrying a heavier battery than it was made for. The red and white AS-350 also lacks the power to sustain inverted in a similar fashion. The Blade 500X would, but I cheaped out when replacing a busted ESC and so when flying idle up, you can hear the RPMs dropping when I push hard on the collective, so I don’t wanna risk hanging around in inverted with it. Then there’s my orange heli, it can’t fly right now and it’s not really worth fixing.

IMG_0216.jpeg

Gonna have to get another heli at some point. 😂 Dunno if I want a good micro, like a Trex 150 or a cheaper medium one like an Eachine E180V2.

Crazed Scout Pilot

Only very basic loops and rolls. At the moment, none of my 3D helis can actually go inverted. My blue and white one is carrying a heavier battery than it was made for. The red and white AS-350 also lacks the power to sustain inverted in a similar fashion. The Blade 500X would, but I cheaped out when replacing a busted ESC and so when flying idle up, you can hear the RPMs dropping when I push hard on the collective, so I don’t wanna risk hanging around in inverted with it. Then there’s my orange heli, it can’t fly right now and it’s not really worth fixing.

View attachment 239333

Gonna have to get another heli at some point. 😂 Dunno if I want a good micro, like a Trex 150 or a cheaper medium one like an Eachine E180V2.
Those are some pretty helicopters. I have always liked helicopters. For my birthday last year some one got me this blade 70s. It is a great heli the only problem is you can't take the safe off to do any tricks. I busted the swash servos so it doesn't yaw any more. What do you suggest as the cheapest all purpose heli has a good amount of speed can to tricks but also can cruse around? I think you need to get another one too. Maybe a military one to add to you collection. :) (y)

Brian B

Elite member
The Tigercat looks sweet!

Highly recommend it. I 3D printed the longish nose and cockpit/fairing, if interested in the files.
Screenshot_20210822-190921_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210822-195218_Gallery.jpg
20210719_192916.jpg