What Did You Fly Today

Vimana89

Legendary member
I maidened the viggen today! It’s a b pack on 1500 3s. I was very happy with it! I got some more footage I’ll edit up and post later on when I get a chance
Now that's a smooth flyer for sure! Probably get longer flight times on that B pack than you would with an EDF. Nice inverted and rolls. Deltas are always a blast and those canards lend some nice pitch stability.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Now that's a smooth flyer for sure! Probably get longer flight times on that B pack than you would with an EDF. Nice inverted and rolls. Deltas are always a blast and those canards lend some nice pitch stability.
Thanks! Btw, I think I’ll build your V Silver instead, as it is more of the classic “Vimana” look because of your avatar.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Thanks! Btw, I think I’ll build your V Silver instead, as it is more of the classic “Vimana” look because of your avatar.
If you build that, be sure to go with at least a 2205 and an aggressive three or four blade prop to get that epic high alpha. Probably not going to get long flight times, but they will be jam packed with fun! The RET control scheme won't give you any axial rolls, but the self-leveling will help a bit. Anticipate and work around/with the Dutch roll tendencies, and she's actually a smooth flyer. The Arrowhead is honestly a much more versatile and well rounded platform, but the RET control scheme(namely the rudder) allows the V Sliver to have an edge when maneuvering at high alpha, and even turning while keeping the nose at a high angle of attack. The normal turns are less graceful than a slender delta with elevons, but snappier and sharper. The top speed on the V sliver with a 2205 or 2806 is definitely faster than the Arrowhead too. Those are just a heads up of the strengths and weaknesses so you can make an informed choice(y).

Vimana89

Legendary member
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I couldn't have gotten to the skill level needed to do this without the community here, and not to mention some early testing help and plans thanks to @Grifflyer . I'm glad to give back and share the plans and any help needed to those who wish to build it, and share my experiences flying it.

mach1 rc

Master member
I just got done flying my hawker hurricane for the first time. This plane has tons of power flying off a setup equivalent to a power pack f. I don't know the stall characteristics but it seems to fly like a mini mustang. I will try to release plans soon.
20191127_120744.jpg
20191127_120804.jpg

L Edge

Master member
I maidened the viggen today! It’s a b pack on 1500 3s. I was very happy with it! I got some more footage I’ll edit up and post later on when I get a chance

Excellant flying upside down.

Here's your steps for knife edge. 3 crash heights
going left to right, I want 3/4 throttle and pull up to 30 degree incline fly level and then:

left roll the airplane and hold 90 degrees so both wings can be seen as you fly. Give you 85 to 95 degree spilt, less/more is cheating.
While rolling, apply rudder and just concentrate on keeping the wings vertical and try keeping the same height by changing the rudder.(throttle is 3/4 constant. do not worry about elevator.
If it drops, add more rudder and keep wings vertical.
If it still drops,
bail out (roll plane by ailerons and then elevator in that order. That's why you climb to give you the altitude.
Land, add more rudder and start over.

climb 30, left 90degree roll, add rudder while rolling and vary rudder to fly level; and keep wings vertical. Anywhere from 20 to 30 times you might get it. Then you will push/pull elevator to keep it on straight path.

Then WOW it, going from right to left. Wow is "work on weaknesses" You have the touch so you don't want to go only one way. Bad habit to get into.

Challange you to try to "sideslip" your landing approach. Practice that 4 crash heights.

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Excellant flying upside down.

Here's your steps for knife edge. 3 crash heights
going left to right, I want 3/4 throttle and pull up to 30 degree incline fly level and then:

left roll the airplane and hold 90 degrees so both wings can be seen as you fly. Give you 85 to 95 degree spilt, less/more is cheating.
While rolling, apply rudder and just concentrate on keeping the wings vertical and try keeping the same height by changing the rudder.(throttle is 3/4 constant. do not worry about elevator.
If it drops, add more rudder and keep wings vertical.
If it still drops,
bail out (roll plane by ailerons and then elevator in that order. That's why you climb to give you the altitude.
Land, add more rudder and start over.

climb 30, left 90degree roll, add rudder while rolling and vary rudder to fly level; and keep wings vertical. Anywhere from 20 to 30 times you might get it. Then you will push/pull elevator to keep it on straight path.

Then WOW it, going from right to left. Wow is "work on weaknesses" You have the touch so you don't want to go only one way. Bad habit to get into.

Challange you to try to "sideslip" your landing approach. Practice that 4 crash heights.
I hope to try this today - thanks so much! What does it mean to "sideslip" my approach?