What Happened to the FT Store?!

DharanFlyer

What's the possibility of them switching back to the old format? Is this a trial thing or have they merged warhouses already? If this is just a trial maybe the community can ask to have the old store back.

From experience next to none. This looks like a 12 - 18 month project that just launched and could have had a longer runway (no pun intended) before that. I am sure contracts have been signed and commits made that would be financially difficult to undo (shipping inventory across the country).

Flite Test is a business. Move was made with a strong consideration for bottom line. If I were to make a guess they are giving up margin on their products/store sales and are getting; a share of profit on any product sold through the store.flitetest.com site, reduced labor from dropping a whole department with no warehouse staff, and the better shipping rates from AMain from higher shipping volumes. Hoping to have higher volume on lower margin and reduced operating costs.

Based on this thread the dislike is a minority, but could be just not a bunch of people have hit it yet.

And I wouldn't say "bad" from my perspective. Different is all. I think it's good for FT to push towards new products. If this helps them get to incorporating balsa etc then I'm for it.

Last edited: